1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Indian Cricket Team - Racist, childish, sooks and just bad cricketers

Discussion in 'Sports' started by Pklz, Jan 8, 2008.

1. godmode

godmode Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Princess, calm down. we are not fighting with you. We are making a point. I understand you being an ozzy can't tolerate our claims but reality bites :D

godmode, Jan 9, 2008 IP
  2. thsadmin

thsadmin Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Yup I am loving this as a whole, the sport, the news, the lot - great for a boring test I reckon.

But Aussies cry babies ? Cmon how far can the abuse go seriously, look at the Indian crowds - that's just wrong - in the way they carried on with Symons. It's no wonder the crowd are kept in cages and behind tall fences. Oh CMon Aussies, at least we've got a clear view of the ground and with out the wire infriging our view of the game - I guess :p.

thsadmin, Jan 9, 2008 IP
  3. getjimmy

getjimmy Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    getjimmy, Jan 9, 2008 IP
  4. Aussie_Princess

Aussie_Princess Peon

Best Answers:
    yeah wateva aye, im living in reality, ok?

Aussie_Princess, Jan 9, 2008 IP
  5. godmode

Best Answers:
    FYI. Wasim akram is a pakistani player. Leave pakistanis for god sake lol. Are you trying to involve the entire indian subcontinent to prove that symonds isnt a monkey?

godmode, Jan 9, 2008 IP
  6. Naughty Son

Naughty Son Peon

Best Answers:
    The present row in cricket has been brewing for damn near 50 years. Ever since sledging became widespread, it was always going to escalate to a point when two teams could no longer bear to be on the same pitch and the whole structure of cricket would totter.

The gloriously ironical part is that it is the Australians who are swooning like virgins and saying that sledging has gone too far. This from the nation who invented sledging, this from the nation who gloried in sledging, this from the nation who believed that sledging was irrefragable proof of national machismo.

It was Australia who coined the term sledging - meaning a remark of sledgehammer subtlety - and it was Australia who dignified it, with the declaration by Steve Waugh, the captain from 1999 to 2004, that sledging was “mental disintegration”.
    The point everybody missed is that cricket is not an insult competition, any more than it is a spitting competition. But, hey, the Australians are world champions and everything they do must be right. So for years, every cricketing nation has tried to be as much like Australia as possible: to hire Australian coaches, to establish Australian-style academies and to use playground insults on the cricket pitch.

Sledging is part of the game, Australians say. That’s true, just as kicking people in the shins is part of football and punching people in the nose is part of rugby. Both these acts are punished. Offenders concede fouls and get sent off. Punishment doesn't stop it, but it keeps it under control. But sledging has been out of control for years.

What’s said on the pitch stays on the pitch. It’s all part of a man’s code. Anyone who complains is a poofter. Thus, Australia brought this childish practice of sledging into cricket, with the result that all the other international teams feel obliged to do the same.

Last summer, England players threw jellybeans on to the pitch to insult Zaheer Khan, of India. I mean, how pathetic is that? India were furious about that, too. The Asian teams come from a culture in which politeness is a more respected thing than it is in Australia or England, but many Asian cricketers have thought it appropriate to fight back in kind.

Continuing escalation is inevitable. If I called you an idiot, again and again and again, you would eventually call me a bloody fool. What would you think if I then staggered back in horror. “He called me a fool! He said bloody! This mustn’t be allowed!” That is what has happened.

Australia led the way in insults and now, claiming that an India player used a racist term, they are saying that rude behaviour on a cricket pitch is terrible, rotten, awful, mustn’t be allowed. If Harbhajan Singh did call Andrew Symonds a monkey as a racist insult, it is pretty nasty. As nasty as when Darren Lehmann, the Australia batsman, called the Sri Lankans “black c***s”. Many Australians defended Lehmann’s outburst because it was “in the heat of the moment”. It was pretty nasty, no matter what the moment’s temperature.

There are a million complications in this row, to do with ever-rising Indian nationalism, ditto Indian prosperity, the changing centres of power in cricket and a million issues of culture, politics and self-worth. Such things are normal in international sport, part of its endless fascination.

The reason the row has got out of hand is not because of racism. It is because too soft a line has been taken on the practice of sledging for far too long.

No one in authority wanted to be seen to be picking on the Australians; none of the players wanted to complain because he would look soft and insufficiently masculine - and, what’s more, he would get sledged ten times worse next time.

Cricket should not have set racism as the final frontier of unacceptable behaviour; a line should have been drawn years ago at the point when banter becomes bitter invective. Cricket has been soft on a serious matter for decades and now cricket is in crisis.

Australia has long promoted mental disintegration; as a result, we are facing the disintegration of cricket.

Naughty Son, Jan 9, 2008 IP
  7. Pklz

Pklz Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    The difference between the two cases...

Hogg calling him a 'Bastard' is just a sledge. I don't approve of it but what Harbhajan Singh said was a sledge directed at the fact he is black. If you cannot see how big the difference between these two is then im wasting my time. Hogg will get whats coming to him anyway...

Pklz, Jan 9, 2008 IP
  8. godmode

Best Answers:
    WOW. Naughty_son, Excellent and most sensible post on this thread. Reps given

godmode, Jan 9, 2008 IP
  9. Aussie_Princess

Aussie_Princess Peon

Best Answers:
    This whole thing, from start to finish is the most ridiculous over reaction in the history of cricket, ever. Seriously cant everyone just get over it and focus on the cricket, i dont care if Harbhajan plays, im not sayin he should be banned, I just wana see the games.

I paid $85 for a ticket to see the first ODI in brisbane and now it looks like that money is wasted over this crap

TBH - who wants to buy a ticket?

10. godmode

Best Answers:
    that sounds lot better now. Go watch the first ODI, it should be interesting. Let us know how it goes

godmode, Jan 9, 2008 IP
  11. Aussie_Princess

Aussie_Princess Peon

Best Answers:
    You know this all extends from jealousy when it comes down to it.

India population: well over 1 billion

Australia population: 21 million

Yet Australia still dispatch them with ease, no excuses anymore India, perform on the pitch before you whinge. Maybe you woulda won them tests if you could play the game and had a decent captain, all Kumble knows how to do is play defensive, no guts.

12. Pklz

Pklz Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    No guts, no glory as the old saying goes. Well put!

Pklz, Jan 9, 2008 IP
  13. getjimmy

Best Answers:
    Yes,Even Bangladesh can beat Aussies with support from Umpires.

getjimmy, Jan 9, 2008 IP
  14. Aussie_Princess

Aussie_Princess Peon

Best Answers:
    Hey bangladesh aint that bad anymore, they are very competitive, except for recently in New Zealand i dont know what happened to them there but in recent years they have improved a long way and full credit to them in my opinion. Cricket needs more high quality nations.

15. godmode

Best Answers:

that must be a joke. How about ponting stop being gay? how about umpires being more fair to the game and indians?

godmode, Jan 9, 2008 IP
  16. getjimmy

Best Answers:
    U made a good point "ponting stop being gay".

getjimmy, Jan 9, 2008 IP
  17. delusion

delusion Guest

Best Answers:
    Because that's the only excuse you can put forward for losing? Typical

delusion, Jan 9, 2008 IP
  18. godmode

Best Answers:
    So you accept that ponting was gay :D lol

godmode, Jan 9, 2008 IP
  19. getjimmy

Best Answers:
    buddy go and watch what Wasim Akaram said abt Aussies...Crying Babies.

getjimmy, Jan 9, 2008 IP
  20. thsadmin

thsadmin Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Meh it's just lucky the majority of us Aussies aren't as serious about cricket as the Indians, for me Cricket is just some light entertainment during the footy rest period, just a time filler before the real game starts again. That's what stops us behaving like hooligans at the cricket - the fear of being banned from the ovals for Footy games.

thsadmin, Jan 9, 2008 IP