1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Indian Cricket Team - Racist, childish, sooks and just bad cricketers

Discussion in 'Sports' started by Pklz, Jan 8, 2008.

1. Rohit patel

Rohit patel Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Yes when talk is come on Cricket than Indians do such a stuff even if Indian team lost the matches they do same thing with players Photos. It's just because Cricket is biggest Sport here in India and we are carzy nation behind Cricket ( I am Soccer Fan).

Rohit patel, Jan 8, 2008 IP
  2. Ponynugget

Ponynugget Peon

Best Answers:
    I've got so much to say about this issue that I'm finding it difficult to type it all out. What I've seen transpire not just in India (burning effigies of empires?!) , but also here on DP has honestly disgusted me. The hate expressed to the Australian cricket team, the Australian public and umpires is ridiculous.

In this thread, gabbar posted the following...

Am I the only one that took offense to this? Had I sad anything similar about Indians on this forum I'd probably be red repped to hell. The fact that Indians outnumber Australians here does not give you the right to flip through a thesaurus and find hateful words to call us. When the Indian crowd went far and beyond with their racial taunting, I didn't jump on the Internet in search for some statistics poll that shows what the rest of the world thinks of Indians to post on DP. I have no doubt in my mind that the large majority of them are lovely people.

I honestly can't believe that a fantastic test match has been overshadowed by these incidents. An umpire that had a bad few days does not deserve to be treated like he is now... hell, if we followed that kind of mentality our streets will be filled with ash from burnt effigies of referees/umpires for all the bad decisions that have gone against us in the sporting world. A prime example is the Italy vs. Australia match in the 2006 soccer World Cup -- a referee called a penalty where the Italian player clearly dived over the Australian player, ultimately resulting in Italy winning the game and eliminating us from the tournament. Sure, we were all pretty angry with the decision but we certainly didn't make up effigies of the referee and publicly burn it, nor was a campaign created petitioning for the removal of his involvement in soccer. Just like Bucknor, he made a mistake.

I have plenty more to say but I think I'll save it for later.

Ponynugget, Jan 8, 2008 IP
  3. daniegb123

daniegb123 Banned

Best Answers:
    So Indians are allowed to burn players photos and country flags, but an Australian batsmen is not allowed to stay on the pitch until he is given out? Guys, look up the rules of cricket, a batsmen isn't out until the umpire gives him out. How can that be referred to as cheating? Its a rule, why can't it simply be followed?

daniegb123, Jan 8, 2008 IP
  4. leede

leede Guest

Best Answers:
    i don't think country flags were burnt.

They are too passonate abt the game this treatment is given to the indian players also if they fair badly.

Like in the world cup india lost to bangladesh the players pics were burnt and all....

leede, Jan 8, 2008 IP
  5. wisdomtool

wisdomtool Moderator Staff

Best Answers:
    Lets not make it into an India versus Australia kind of thing, it is India Cricket team versus Australia Cricket team, no point turning it into a country bashing or whatsoever. There are always scums of each country who has too much time in their hands going around burning flags but I do not see the necessity of each other bashing one another over a game.

wisdomtool, Jan 8, 2008 IP
  6. dotcompals

dotcompals Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    All these are because of cultural misunderstanding according to this article here . And I think that is correct.

dotcompals, Jan 8, 2008 IP
  7. The Webmaster

The Webmaster IdeasOfOne

Best Answers:
    I'm with you on this one about hate expressed to the Australian public that certainly have nothing to do with the whole issue.

The hate towards umpires and the cricket team is over the mark too.

Certainly there are some issues with the on-field behavior of the Aussie team and some serious issues with the umpires. Simply an umpires shouldn't be umpire if he is not able to do the job correctly. The umpires earn respect with every fair decision they make. If they are not making fair decisions(No matter human erorr or Bias) they are not entitled for respect.

And it can not be denied that if there was no mistakes in umpiring, the chances of a clean win for Aussies were fat.

The Webmaster, Jan 8, 2008 IP
  8. Rohit patel

Rohit patel Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    That's the real point. Forgot the people of two nations just talk about two teams. This is issue will be forgot once a 3rd test match will be start from 16th. It takes some time.

Rohit patel, Jan 8, 2008 IP
  9. godmode

godmode Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    OK. So let me make a few points quickly.

1) This thread is dominated by australians so everyone just listening to the "aussie" point of view, which is pretty much wrong.

2) You said sledging by indians is wrong and the very next statement you say sledging is acceptable.

3) You yourself contradict multiple times in that post. Either you are drunk or u too much in love with ponting lol

godmode, Jan 8, 2008 IP
  10. godmode

Best Answers:
    well they didnt burn your pants in real life. they just protested. Lets keep that out of the original game.

godmode, Jan 8, 2008 IP
  11. The Webmaster

The Webmaster IdeasOfOne

Best Answers:
  12. infopages

infopages Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    As an Indian its feel bad when your team loose but you have to accept it that Australia is better cricket playing nation then India and that is why they won the game not because of umpires, it was just about this match only what happened previously in 1st test match, we Indians just make excuse of our losses nothing else, if we have won this match we never complaint about anything or anyone but now as we have lost it so everyone is complaining I think that is disgrace full.

Regarding ponting then he is great player and great captain, he is very aggressive and that what make him the best captain and player and he did that with his bat too, his records shows that and he is good player that why his team is no.1 today, he got best team and its because Australia play cricket professionally not like us.

infopages, Jan 8, 2008 IP
  13. godmode

Best Answers:
    godmode, Jan 8, 2008 IP
  14. godmode

Best Answers:
    You have no clue what you are talking about. We never said australian team is not better than india. All we are saying is australian being too gay on the field the other day. Nothing else.

godmode, Jan 8, 2008 IP
  15. infopages

infopages Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I think you should read it carefully it full and then comment about it, I was saying the same only and my point was regarding the topic only.
    Thank you for your comment anyways.

infopages, Jan 8, 2008 IP
  16. wisdomtool

wisdomtool Moderator Staff

Best Answers:
    To put in a fair word, Australia isn't that professional and so is India, but what's past is past, look forward.....

wisdomtool, Jan 8, 2008 IP
  17. thsadmin

thsadmin Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Classic, I am a bit baffled why Indians like Steve Waugh (Waugh, Waugh what the f&*k is he good for ?), I never liked the Waughs and I am an Aussie, They were both boring players and I think Punters craps all over them both.

I find the whole topic confusing and baffling, why is it OK to call a player a monkey ? in the majority of countries if you call a black man a monkey - then it's being racist and offensive - it's just wrong.

Now why was it OK for a pack of Indian supporters to heckle Symons and call him a monkey ?

Did you know that in Aus' if you make a single Racist remark (during the game)- you will be banned for life from that ground ?

In conclusion, I am baffled why the Indian cricket officials find it OK to let the supporters behave in a disturbing manor and scream racist remarks, maybe they should take a leaf out of our book and ban members of the crowd for breaking the rules, personally I like this feud and it brings more passion into the following games and it's just what cricket needs - gotta admit I was getting bored of winning all the time.

thsadmin, Jan 9, 2008 IP
  18. The Webmaster

The Webmaster IdeasOfOne

Best Answers:
    The Point: where's the proof that Bhajji called Symon a monkey?

The Webmaster, Jan 9, 2008 IP
  19. Aussie_Princess

Aussie_Princess Peon

Best Answers:
    Omg the media need to get over this, its so far out of proportion now. Indian team - stop whinging, you lost, boohoo, get over it. If you were leading 2-0 you wouldnt say a thing.

As for harbhajans comment, why would australia make it up? its pretty easy to say nah i didnt say it but why would the other players make it up out of thin air? think about it.

As for the Indian team, they are looking more stupid by the day with their demands, they accuse Australia of thinking they are higher than the game but then turn around and say "oh we are suspending our tour unless our player has his suspension lifted", hypocrit much????

As for burning effiges of australian players, that just sums up India really, who does that? who would bother to do that???? Get over it, you lost, now excuse me while i have a nice warm hot chocolate and gaze at the ICC test & odi rankings.. #1 AUS .. #1 AUS

Happy Days :)

Aussie_Princess, Jan 9, 2008 IP
  20. thsadmin

thsadmin Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    How about the 500 crowd members that carried on in India ? Did us Aussies get our knickers in a twist ? Nope we just shrugged it off as a team and as a nation, then continued to kick ass like professionals.

thsadmin, Jan 9, 2008 IP