1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Indian Cricket Team - Racist, childish, sooks and just bad cricketers

Discussion in 'Sports' started by Pklz, Jan 8, 2008.

It appears that Indians completely outnumber Aussies on here, its too hard to get my opinion stated on here because of that.

For starters...

Ponting has my full support. He is the best cricket captain in the world, i honestly don't think we would be as good as we are without him. He takes his roll and the game seriously, but i think he is an honest cricketer. Some players walk others don't it happens all over the world - get used to it.

Human Element has to be the best thing about cricket, the results may never be perfect but thats one of the things i love about cricket. Ponting also referred to this on a tv show in Aus "If the umpire give you not out you stay there, if he give you out you go" Whats wrong with that? Australia have in the past and will in the future be the result of terrible umpiring. Thats life, get over it.

Racist Remarks are 100% not on! It was bad enough when large sections of the crowd in India were tormenting him and making racial remarks to him. But when a Indian cricketer does it and is proven GUILTY i think that warrants more than a 3 match ban. These are world class cricketers and they think they can use race as a sledging method on the field?

Sledging is a fact of life, Australians aren't the only ones to sledge on the field. By my point above Indians also do it. Why Sledge? because it gets under the oppositions skin, frustrates them and can lead to them losing concentration and we all know what happens then.

Unsportsmanlike completely ridiculous! Is it sportsmanlike to start rolling around on the ground when you get ponting out? I see that as childish and unsportsmanlike!

It's your own fault anyway! honestly none of this would have even come up if India had of won or drawn the game. We gave you every chance to win the game. You needed 330 off 72 overs.. 4.5 an over - thats not impossible. Yet you decided to play defensively to try to draw the match. Then all you had to do is stay at the crease for a few for overs with 3 wickets in hand and you crumbled. Has it gotten to the stage when countries no longer try to beat us but a draw is good enough?

I look forward to being abused by the many Indians who take offense to the truth. No one cheated, there bad mistakes by the umpires - but thats life. It didn't cost you the game you had every chance to win but you choked.

Pklz, Jan 8, 2008 IP
    dotcompals likes this.
  2. mitcharr

mitcharr Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Did anyone see the thing on the news of indians burning pictures of Andrew symonds as well as Australian flags.

disgraceful

mitcharr, Jan 8, 2008 IP
  3. Rohit patel

Rohit patel Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Well first of all I respact your views on this matter and I like to see you comeout with good posts. But can you explain some thing?

If he is honest player than why should he stay on pitch in first innings despite of big edge. Is this honesty? I think he should leave the pitch because he knows it. This is a gentlement games and he have to show his honesty.

On other point I have no problem.

Rohit patel, Jan 8, 2008 IP
  4. Pklz

Pklz Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Here is a quote from ponting himself
    "If the umpire give you not out you stay there, if he give you out you go"
    http://youtube.com/watch?v=ysGzNmcFkis

Personally i don't care if players walk or not. Alot of players don't walk if they are either unsure or think they can get away with it. I don't call it cheating because i see it all the time. I wouldn't say its not within the spirit of the game but more so a judge of a players character.

Pklz, Jan 8, 2008 IP
  5. tushardhoot1

tushardhoot1 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Why did the umpire, who was thinking about calling out or not out, suddenly call him out when Ponting reassured him that he caught it? Does Ponting own cricket?

tushardhoot1, Jan 8, 2008 IP
  6. Rohit patel

Best Answers:
    Well it's not a right spirit of game. Did you evee seen same thing with Steve Waugh? I think your answer is no. He is a honest person and player and gives much proud moments for Australia.

7. delusion

delusion Guest

Best Answers:
    No his not god, the umpires are just stupid, ever thought of that?

delusion, Jan 8, 2008 IP
  8. Pklz

Pklz Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Because the two captains came to an agreement before the series that if the truly believed it was a catch then they would call them out. Look at the youtube video i posted above. That catch was 50/50 anyway, the video didn't prove anything.

Pklz, Jan 8, 2008 IP
  9. Rohit patel

Best Answers:
    Well I think everyone of us knows that it was edge and people seen it on big screen too. Even he knows it and smile after given not out. Anyway what ever he archive in his life but he will be remember this wrong approch of games. He will not be able to take place of Steve Waugh who is brand of Australia.

10. Aussie_Princess

Aussie_Princess Peon

Best Answers:
    Its funny how India said Australia weren't playin in the spirit of the game and yet they constantly took ages to face up to deliveries in the day 5 afternoon trying to waste time and then on the last wicket Sharma came out with 2 right handed gloves to deliberately waste time as well.

If India were leading 2-0 they wouldnt be whinging, they are sooks.

Aussie_Princess, Jan 8, 2008 IP
  11. Pklz

Pklz Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    You're right, i completely forgot about that point. That was also disgraceful. So obvious aswell...

Pklz, Jan 8, 2008 IP
  12. maldives

maldives Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    I am not surprised because OP lives in Australia. :D

maldives, Jan 8, 2008 IP
  13. daniegb123

daniegb123 Banned

Best Answers:
    And just think, if only the 3rd umpire was called up to make the decision none of this would have started :p

daniegb123, Jan 8, 2008 IP
  14. The Webmaster

The Webmaster IdeasOfOne

Best Answers:
    No matter who had done what, Cricket was disgraced in Sidney test.
    May be umpires made human errors, Thats okay. But an Umpire's job is to make sure that the decisions should be fair and unbiased. If they are unable to do so they should not be in the position.

I'm glad that they pulled Buckner out for remaining series, He is 61 and as Bird has said, he has gone too far.

As for Bhajji's issue, thats pretty stupid. There is no Audio Visual proof, and if Sachin is saying Bhajji hadn't uttered any racial comment then he did not.

I'm pretty sure if Ozzies were given the exact same treatment in India, they would have been singing in a totally different tune.

The Webmaster, Jan 8, 2008 IP
  15. leede

leede Guest

Best Answers:
    if i remember they once told dravid to walk when he nicked to keeper and the umpire didn't gave him out

leede, Jan 8, 2008 IP
  16. Rohit patel

Best Answers:
    Yes and it happens in India only not in Australia. They will go out only if Umpires give sthem out otherwise they will stay on pitch and also make confess in Press that he was out ( Symonds ).

17. leede

leede Guest

Best Answers:
    leede, Jan 8, 2008 IP
  18. Rohit patel

Best Answers:
  19. leede

leede Guest

Best Answers:
    tht would be the best thing australians can do to put water on this fire..

leede, Jan 8, 2008 IP
  20. wisdomtool

wisdomtool Moderator Staff

Best Answers:
    Nope, have not seen that, burning a country flag because of a game is going too far. No matter what it is still a game.

wisdomtool, Jan 8, 2008 IP