1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Indian Company Wants me to open up credit card account for tech support

Discussion in 'Payment Processing' started by Matt Desai, Jan 18, 2015.

A guy approached me and wanted me to open a tech support account for him in the US becauase credit card processing is not available in India or its very strict. He promisses me 20% of the 10K he process each month once a week i need to wire the funds to him. Do you guys think this is ligit. Just wanted to check

Matt Desai, Jan 18, 2015 IP
  2. jestep

jestep Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Absolutely don't do it. These businesses churn and burn through accounts like this. You'll end up thousands of dollars in debt in a few months when they disappear and the account starts geting a ton of chargebacks.

jestep, Jan 22, 2015 IP
    sarahk likes this.
  3. KylieSweet

KylieSweet Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I think that guy you are mentioning is an SEO from India and I'm not surprised the way he approach you with those strategic bubble talk. He is greedy to take advantage with the other people like you so be very careful and don't believe with those generated statements just to make bucks on you.

KylieSweet, Jan 22, 2015 IP
  4. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    I'm pleased you asked before going through with his request.

Working around the rules can work but more often than not one party will get screwed over.

sarahk, Jan 22, 2015 IP
  5. FPForum

FPForum Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    I'd also recommend staying far away from this. It sounds like a lure to get you in, and then screw you hardcore down the line. As others have said, 2 months from now you'll be slammed with chargebacks and out allot of money..Meanwhile he'll be out spending the money you sent him.

FPForum, Feb 8, 2015 IP
  6. One2Pay.com

One2Pay.com Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Yeah, there are tons of sites that are allowing people to accept credit cards all around the world.

One2Pay.com, Feb 10, 2015 IP
  7. ChoiceHighRisk

ChoiceHighRisk Peon

Best Answers:
    Good question Matt,

I can tell you from experience that that is super sketchy. You should definitely have a merchant account in the same country that all the action happens.

ChoiceHighRisk, Feb 10, 2015 IP
  8. dandeedo

dandeedo Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    That guy is lying. I agree with @KylieSweet and I think that guy want to promote their tech support through Adwords or similar platform and that's why he is asking someone in US to open an account for him as Google doesn't allow tech support campaigns from outside of US (as far as I know).

dandeedo, Feb 11, 2015 IP