1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Indian companies charge more price for web design

Discussion in 'General Business' started by carrieathomer, Jul 22, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
    Why Indian companies are asking more price for web design.

For instance, a decent wordpress website with photo gallery, slider, contact form they are asking for 500-600 dollars. Which is the same price if i do it here in Canada or US.

carrieathomer, Jul 22, 2014 IP
  2. malky66

malky66 Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    What a ridiculous question, why shouldn't they charge the same price for the same work, do you assume because they are from India they should work for peanuts?

malky66, Jul 22, 2014 IP
  3. agmccall

agmccall Active Member

Best Answers:
    why anyone would pay 500 or 600 dollars for a wordpress site from anywhere is beyond me

al

agmccall, Jul 22, 2014 IP
  4. carrieathomer

carrieathomer Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    It is not ridiculous, what you think is ridiculous. It is the indian companies who call us or send tonnes of spam emails and ask for projects , saying that you will do it for fraction of cost.

"fraction of cost" - this is the exact words we get in emails. But when asked for quote , you give quote which we get in north america. Rather, paying you the same money i will get some company here to do the job.

Can you guys quote a same wordpress website for Rs 50000 to indian companies and get the work, Hell No. So that is the reason you are looking for offshore work for less cost.

price is related to demand and supply - when the supply (programmers) is more the price should be less.

I am interested to give work, but not for the market price here.

5. malky66

malky66 Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    I think you're ridiculous,
    I'm not Indian so I can't answer that.

malky66, Jul 22, 2014 IP
  6. carrieathomer

carrieathomer Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Only if the price is less anyone will outsource not for the same price. Even if the company is in romania, bulgaria, philipines, indonesia. Again what you think is definitely ridiculous period.

7. Content Maestro

Content Maestro Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Sorry friend, I DON'T mean any offense, but I honestly don't understand some things here.
    You say you have received tonnes of spam emails from Indian companies who promise work at a fraction of the market price. After having received a first few emails like this, you should have understood that and ignored all further emails that assure a lower price and actually quote a higher.
    Looks like these emails have goaded you into believing that offshore prices are always lower!
    “tonnes of spam emails” - these are the exact words you have used. I wonder how all this has stretched to a point where you are still receiving 'tonnes' of these mails and moaning about it!?
    Sorry again for being so direct, but it's high time you learn your lesson.

Content Maestro, Jul 22, 2014 IP
  8. Vitarank

Vitarank Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    The fact that you entertain emails that you think are spam and think it's unreasonable for you to rant about the quote you are getting and come to think of it, it's just a quote you still have the discretion whether you're going to pursue doing the project with them or not. Just sayin' :)

Vitarank, Jul 22, 2014 IP
  9. carrieathomer

carrieathomer Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    No offense taken,

If you see my first post. I just want to know just Why?

The second poster thought what i was asking was ridiculous. So i have to reply more.

When they say their price is less, it should be less.

10. mxyzplk

mxyzplk Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I guess this is the reason why lot of web designer and developers moved to theme markets. if you think that is too much, why dont you just wp themes.

mxyzplk, Jul 22, 2014 IP
  11. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    If you are outsourcing design, setup, initial content load, and training I reckon $600 is a bargain.
    And not everyone is confident to create a database, use ftp, install plugins and a theme - they might be able to do it but they'll be plagued by doubt that it's done right - peace of mind comes at a price.

sarahk, Jul 22, 2014 IP
  12. agmccall

agmccall Active Member

Best Answers:
    But, nowadays you do not need to know how to create a database or use ftp. And, most themes and plugins are 1 click installs, and youtube is your friend when it comes to these tutorials. I just think if someone paid that kind of money and then after a few months of learning realized what actually went into it they would be really pissed.

al

agmccall, Jul 22, 2014 IP
  13. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    Maybe, but most people don't want to do a few months of learning. They want to get on with running their business!

sarahk, Jul 22, 2014 IP
  14. Content Maestro

Content Maestro Notable Member

Best Answers:
    I have seen such things happening many times in freelance markets esp. those operating on a global scale. Sellers offer the lowest price generally to win bids and these prices are sometimes ridiculous compared to the standard market minimum. Buyers go for their service because of the low price and when the actual dealing starts, sellers negotiate in brackets way beyond what they quoted at first. It's generally a trick they employ to grab their prospect's attention and get the better of their competitors. They are so efficient in convincing why their (higher/changed) pricing is just that you are almost sold on anything they argue.

It's quite understandable why you are so annoyed, but it's all your choice in the end. As @Vitarank has already pointed out, they are just quotes ….. you have nothing to lose just by reading them as such. You are the one who's gonna decide whether you want to go for it.

It's best on your part to ignore such emails. There's nothing more you can and need to do. However, I would suggest that you
    1. Use some settings or tools that will filter these emails to your spam-box.
    2. Check into the reputation of any company that emails you, esp. those charging unbelievably low. (The number of years a company has been into its line of business is usually directly proportional to the degree of their trustworthiness. Scammers don't tend to survive for long.)
    3. Obtain feedback from previous customers of a company that emails you by directly contacting them or through review portals where they have posted/shared their experiences about the services of that company.
    If nothing else, this will at least lessen the chances of being conned.

My 2c. Hope this helps.

Content Maestro, Jul 22, 2014 IP
  15. agmccall

agmccall Active Member

Best Answers:
    You are probably right on that, I think I have the perspective of someone that knows and take for granted that everyone else knows

al

agmccall, Jul 23, 2014 IP
  16. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    I started my first website in '99
    I created my first subdomain for a client in '06 - my husband was involved in that project from Day 1.
    This week I had to explain to him what a subdomain was and he pleaded total ignorance - infact he tried to tell me that it was ridiculous that the subdomain appeared before the domain and why did I make it like that. I'd love to take credit but...

What that goes to show is that website users don't give a damn how we make it happen, just so long as we make it happen.

sarahk, Jul 23, 2014 IP
  17. dcristo

dcristo Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    Articles:
    So because one Indian company quoted a project for a fraction of the cost implies every Indian company should compete with that? Yeah that seems very logical. Pffft.

Last edited: Jul 23, 2014
    dcristo, Jul 23, 2014 IP
    malky66 likes this.
  18. carrieathomer

carrieathomer Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Read all the conversations, and Understand the point. you stupid bloody moron.

carrieathomer, Jul 23, 2014 IP
  19. dcristo

Best Answers:
    Articles:
    I only had to read your initial post to realize how idiotic the point were trying to make was.

dcristo, Jul 23, 2014 IP
    malky66 likes this.
  20. carrieathomer

carrieathomer Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Reading only the initial post and replying. How dumb you can be. Read all the posts you moron. Don't reply to increase your post count to sell your signature. Moron period.

carrieathomer, Jul 23, 2014 IP
  21. dcristo

Best Answers:
    Articles:
    I am not trying to inflate my post count. It is hard to bite my tongue when I read something this stupid.

dcristo, Jul 23, 2014 IP
    malky66 likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.