1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Indexing site pages

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by rjcable, Dec 24, 2004.

Is there an easy way to get all my pages indexed in google.

My homepage is index and is in the top ten for my main keyword, however my other sites dont appear.

They did for one day, but I chnaged a few thinks and they all disappeared, can anyone explain why this occured.

rjcable, Dec 24, 2004 IP
  2. crazyhorse

crazyhorse Peon

Best Answers:
    Eventaully all pages will get spidered... A good sitemap or link structure ie navigation table will do.

crazyhorse, Dec 24, 2004 IP
  3. rjcable

rjcable Peon

Best Answers:
    how do you create a good link structure

rjcable, Dec 24, 2004 IP
  4. crazyhorse

crazyhorse Peon

Best Answers:
    Theme Pyramid
    # Seo Value Site Structure (sub content categories)
    1 No value Main Site Root Index Page
    2 Low value
    Primary single kw's
    On index pages
    (hallway pages) Sub Topic A Sub Topic B Sub Topic C Sub Topic D
    3 Medium value
    Secondary 1-2 word kw's
    (doorway pages) kw a1 kw a2 kw b1 kw b2 kw c1 kw c2 kw d1 kw d2
    4 High value
    2-3 word kw phrases
    on high content pages kw a1a kw a1b kw a2a kw a2b kw b1a kw b1b kw b2a kw b2b kw c1a kw c1b kw c2a kw c2b kw d1a kw d1b kw d2a kw d2b
    5 Money!
    2-4 word kw phrases
    on prime targeted pages $ $ $ $ $ $ $ $ $ $ $ $ $ $ $ $ $ $ $ $ $ $ $ $ $ $ $ $ $ $ $ $

The whole Themes theory is to look at the site as a whole and compartmentalize it. Start with broad content (1 keyword) and work your way down to the specific keywords you want to target. Then link to the topics above and below, but not across, to reinforce the pages with link text and insite link popularity.

Level 1 : Index Page
    It may be a shock to some, but the index page has very little SEO rankings value. They rarely rank well -- you will rarely get them to rank well -- there is very little that you can do to change it's ranking. The best you can hope for is if a couple good directory listings come through a engine or two may take notice of your root page. A well ranking root index page is the exception rather than the rule. When one does rank well, it is usually as a result of external off-the-page factors.

If that is the case, then your best course of action for the index page, is to focus it towards the users, usability, and speed. Users that hit the home page are sniffing around for other content, not your home page. Don't try to make it something it isn't. It is a beatified site map - *sniff* - deal with it. I think there is no greater challenge in the SEO industry today, than getting a client over the "I want my home page top ten under my keywords" myth.

(tip: I find it helpful to meditate with "I'm not CNN" as a mantra)

The index page has two limited SEO roles: 1) as a pretty picture for directory editors reviewing your site, and 2) as spider food to lead to your sub content.

Try to link to as much deep content on your index page as possible - yes I know - it is a tall order. However; spiders like first level content. If it is linked off your root page, then many se's will tend to follow at least those links or rank those linked pages higher.

http://www.searchengineworld.com/engine/theme_pyramids.htm

crazyhorse, Dec 24, 2004 IP