1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

indexing only the root pages??

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by jmpf, May 5, 2010.

launched a site a week or two ago and immediately submitted a sitemap -- it's a fairly large site -- has 300k pages

did the typical on-site stuff like keywords, description, unique title, h1 title, imgs, etc...

I checked webmaster tools and it said that it had used 0 links from my sitemap -- the weird thing is that all 4 of the 'top-level' pages are indexed but nothing below it...

so stuff like mysite.com/about.html && mysite.com/mypages are indexed but not stuff like mysite.com/mypages/my-second-listing/

is this typical new-site behavior to only index the top pages?? I am willing to bet that if I threw up another top-level page I could have it indexed fairly quickly

jmpf, May 5, 2010 IP
  2. hans

hans Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    to get precise answers you need at least to five full URL of that site !

hans, May 5, 2010 IP
  3. ServerUnion

ServerUnion Peon

Best Answers:
    Just takes time as the google listings don't update realtime. Start building backlinks to not only the homepage, but to inner pages as well. You should also make sure you have some type of HTML sitemap and good navigation.

ServerUnion, May 5, 2010 IP
  4. farangkwaiyai

farangkwaiyai Guest

Best Answers:
    Make sure every page has unique

content
    title
    h1 tag

and build links to everypage you have, make sure your internal linking is good, taking advantage of two navigation bars with different anchor text

make yourself a user sitemap

farangkwaiyai, May 5, 2010 IP
  5. soneat

soneat Peon

Best Answers:
    It takes some time mate, give it week I'd say!

soneat, May 5, 2010 IP