1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Indexing Error Question

Discussion in 'Google Sitemaps' started by There4you, Sep 13, 2008.

Can someone explain to me something if this is something to worry about or not.
    A few months ago we redone our site. We have re-done the sitemap and re subimtted it.
    What my question is , the site map has only 68 pages, has 58 indexed allready, but why is it that in the overall stats it has
    Not found 1469 Details »
    So I look at them and it has stuff like a url then 404 (Not found)Help Sep 10, 2008
    Now When I look at the sitemap itself it has not got them listed as URL's to index. So why is it is giving us those 404 errors today when they are not in the site,ap anyway?
    Do I just ignore them ? As that is the old stuff that used to be on the site?
    Hope it makes sense this question
    Slav
    SEMrush

There4you, Sep 13, 2008 IP
    SEMrush
  2. gbh1935

gbh1935 Peon

Best Answers:
    The stats on indexed include everything, not just what is in the sitemap. So it could be returning 404s for the old pages that were previously indexed that you changed. At some point those old URLs should drop out of google's index

gbh1935, Sep 14, 2008 IP
  3. There4you

There4you Peon

Best Answers:
    Ah cool as I did not see what else I could do.. I will wait and see Thanks for that
    Slav

There4you, Sep 14, 2008 IP