1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Index Restructuring?

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by Cricket, Oct 2, 2004.

Over that past couple of weeks I have noticed some pretty serious changes in the index. One of the search terms I watch, showed nearly a million results in the index just a few weeks ago. This week the same keyword phrase return less than 200,000 results. I am also seeing this in several other keyword phrases.

At first I thought perhaps it was a fluke, but I am seeing this happen more and more. Is anyone else seeing this?

Cricket, Oct 2, 2004 IP
    Will.Spencer likes this.
  2. Dominic

Dominic Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I only really know three and they haven't changed from what I remember.

Sorry, not much help.

Dominic, Oct 2, 2004 IP
  3. fluke

fluke Guest

Best Answers:
    i can assure you i had nothing to do with it,...i was nowhere near the area at the time the incident occurred ..honest

:)

(seriously though i have noticed sudden progress with almost all of my keywords though - but that could be due to many many different reason - i have not noticed anything like you describe - but i have not really been looking..)

i think you could well be right about index restrucuring - perhaps google is about to introduce a more thorough TSPR and local rank system - and this (or another factor of googles algo) is weeding out what it considers to be spam/irrelevant sites from its SERPS

fluke, Oct 2, 2004 IP
  4. Dominic

Dominic Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    If thats the case... bring it!

Dominic, Oct 2, 2004 IP
  5. Cricket

Cricket Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Yes Please!

Cricket, Oct 4, 2004 IP
  6. john_loch

john_loch Rodent Slayer

Best Answers:
    I remember what happened the last time G made major changes. Don't be so keen to see it happen until it's somehow quantified.

I for one like the notion of improved relevance - but just remember, the bigger the bottle, the longer the drink. Second chances will be far and few between.

All I've seen so far is what looks like an index rebuild (which might be indicative of a requirement for extended data - a logical precursor to algo modifications). I can't say I've seen new behaviours emerge though.. (though others might have).

Who knows :)

john_loch, Oct 4, 2004 IP
  7. PRBot.Com

PRBot.Com Guest

Best Answers:
    Damn! Thanks for pointing this out.

key words I am watching went from 2.7 million to just under 300,000!

Which is good foe me. less competition.

PRBot.Com, Oct 4, 2004 IP