1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

indeed - job search affiliate program

Discussion in 'Affiliate Programs' started by russonline, Jan 30, 2010.

1. sciway

sciway Peon

Best Answers:
    On Sept 4, 2014, with no notification to us, Indeed did a "monthly audit" of the "quality" of traffic we send them and determined that it was too low to warrant the commission rates we have been earning until now. Thus our income has gone from $75-$140/day to $15-$40/day.

After repeated emails, I was not able to get any truth from Indeed. They simply said that our rates would increase again when our quality increased. Our quality has not changed; we have the same audience taking the same actions as they always have. Our traffic is also consistent in its quantity. Further, they were not able to recommend any actions we might take to improve our traffic's quality.

In short, this is bait-and-switch. Basically we put a ton of effort into building our site around them, having been promised we could make "$6000" a month based on our # of visitors. Although we made only $2500-$3000/month, it was still worthwhile. At this rate however, it is not worth the real estate we have devoted to them. I feel they got us in their hooks and then, quite shiftily, cut the cord. I have a great deal of trouble believing that our traffic is somehow less valuable than (a) it was earlier this year, or (b) their other affiliates' traffic.

Indeed does not publish a written schedule of commission rates, so there is no contractual promise of what you can expect to earn for your efforts in implementing their searches, widgets, and feeds. Monster.com does, and we will be moving to them. I suspect Career Builder does as well. This is why you see large corporations like newspapers use Monster and CareerBuilder instead of Indeed, which appears to basically prey on smaller sites.

sciway, Sep 12, 2014 IP
  2. sciway

sciway Peon

Best Answers:
    Agreed. On Sept 4, 2014, with no notification to us, Indeed did a "monthly audit" of the "quality" of traffic we send them and determined that it was too low to warrant the commission rates we have been earning until now. Thus our income has gone from $75-$140/day to $15-$40/day.

After repeated emails, I was not able to get any truth from Indeed. They simply said that our rates would increase again when our quality increased. Our quality has not changed; we have the same audience taking the same actions as they always have. Our traffic is also consistent in its quantity. Further, they were not able to recommend any actions we might take to improve our traffic's quality.

In short, this is bait-and-switch. Basically we put a ton of effort into building our site around them, having been promised we could make "$6000" a month based on our # of visitors. Although we made only $2500-$3000/month, it was still worthwhile. At this rate however, it is not worth the real estate we have devoted to them. I feel they got us in their hooks and then, quite shiftily, cut the cord. I have a great deal of trouble believing that our traffic is somehow less valuable than (a) it was earlier this year, or (b) their other affiliates' traffic.

Indeed does not publish a written schedule of commission rates, so there is no contractual promise of what you can expect to earn for your efforts in implementing their searches, widgets, and feeds. Monster.com does, and we will be moving to them. I suspect Career Builder does as well. This is why you see large corporations like newspapers use Monster and CareerBuilder instead of Indeed, which appears to basically prey on smaller sites.

sciway, Sep 12, 2014 IP
  3. Silvano Rangel

Silvano Rangel Peon

Best Answers:
    A while ago you published about a problem in indeed and published a possible solution. I'm going through the same problem and was wondering if you could solve.

Abs.
    woody

Silvano Rangel, May 26, 2015 IP
  4. Silvano Rangel

Silvano Rangel Peon

Best Answers:
    A while ago you published about a problem in indeed and published a possible solution. I'm going through the same problem and was wondering if you could

solve.

Abs.
    Silvano

Silvano Rangel, May 26, 2015 IP
  5. Pauljobs

Pauljobs Peon

Best Answers:
    Hi - did you find a solution to this? We have been encountering the same problem for over 4 months and it shows no signs of changing.

Pauljobs, Aug 28, 2015 IP