1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Increase in PR but dropped from SERPs - unusual?

Discussion in 'Google' started by MistyGirl2000, Apr 3, 2009.

I was just upgraded from a PR 3 to PR 4 for my cakes site (a couple of days ago) and then this AM disappeared completely from Google SERPs for pretty much everything but my site name. I had worked my way up to position #4 for the term "kids cakes" and now it's at 100+. This happened a couple of weeks ago but lasted on a few hours. It's now going on 6 hours and no recovery yet.

Would it be unusual for Google to increase a site's pagerank while simultaneously dropping it out of all SERP positions? Hoping that this is just another temporary thing.

MistyGirl2000, Apr 3, 2009 IP
  2. F--K

F--K Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    May be over link building is the reason coz it happened to me too and reason was over link building

F--K, Apr 3, 2009 IP
  3. Random Guy

Random Guy Peon

Best Answers:
    That might be a penalty or site change cooldown of some sort. Wait a few more days and see what happens. Was there any changes you did recently? IE: Onpage optimization, linkbuilding, etc.

Random Guy, Apr 3, 2009 IP
  4. brianjgre

brianjgre Member

Best Answers:
    Do an allinanchor search to see where you would rank if you only went by links:
    ex.
    allinanchor: kids cakes (type this in Google)

If your site is still on the first page for this search then it could be two things:
    1. Google is just updating and your ranking will return shortly
    2. You did indeed get a penalty of some sort. This was historically known as the Sandbox.

If your site is not on the first page for the allinanchor search... then you must have lost some links. Make sure the links you get use the text "kids cakes"

brianjgre, Apr 3, 2009 IP
  5. lindamood1

lindamood1 Active Member

Best Answers:
    no over link building not give punishment bcoz at one time every site not approve link, but google flutuate the thing right now

lindamood1, Apr 3, 2009 IP
  6. RightMan

RightMan Notable Member

Best Answers:
    That surely is a very drastic change in serps, but 6 hours is anyway too short a period to judge it.

Give it more time, particularly since you already have seen it getting restored in the past..

Btw....even though there is no co-relation between the two, logically it is highly unlikely to see your PR go up and all your serps getting vanished at the same time.

Regards,

RightMan

RightMan, Apr 3, 2009 IP
  7. rena

rena Peon

Best Answers:
    as above me too have the same opinion.. wait for some days.. the problem will be OK

rena, Apr 3, 2009 IP
  8. webbuilder71

webbuilder71 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Pr has nothing to do with SERPS. You can have a PR0 and still outrank a PR6. Sometimes when the updates happen the serps will also see a temporally shift, not to worry usually everything gets back to normal in time.

webbuilder71, Apr 3, 2009 IP
  9. MistyGirl2000

MistyGirl2000 Peon

Best Answers:
    It's been almost 24 hours now and still gone from SERPs. I usually get 200-400 visitors a day from Google and today so far I have 2. This sucks! I guess I will just keep adding content and building links (I have been building them slowly and steadily) with my keywords as anchor text and hope that I come back in the SERPs soon. This site earned me $350 in March so I hate that I'm now pretty much back at square one. Thanks everyone for your opinions!

MistyGirl2000, Apr 4, 2009 IP
  10. tendulkar2

tendulkar2 Banned

Best Answers:
    Don't worry.. it happened to me lot of times.. one day it is on top 10 and other day it drops below 100.. that's called Google dance. Just concentrate on building backlinks and posting quality content.. it will surely back to its normal position in a few days...

tendulkar2, Apr 4, 2009 IP
  11. daudi81

daudi81 Peon

Best Answers:
    Do not make the mistake of relating PR to google rankings. Honestly, I don't know why people do this.

I think PR was made up so google employees could laugh at us squabble over getting a higher PR, thinking it makes a difference.

I've got a million and a half ways I can prove PR basically means diddly squat in rankings. Trust me =)

daudi81, Apr 4, 2009 IP
  12. dhaarvi

dhaarvi Peon

Best Answers:
    Hi,

One site PR has been increased from PR3 to PR4. However, indeed, it has been absconded from Google SERP for only one search term for past few days. It looks at discrepancy how it disappears only for one search term but appears for all other search terms. I couldn't contemplate analysis in this issue? Can anybody help in this issue to find out solution?

Last edited: Jul 3, 2011
    dhaarvi, Jul 3, 2011 IP
  13. amitvaid

amitvaid Member

Best Answers:
    Atleast not with my site thanks to God

amitvaid, Jul 3, 2011 IP
  14. sunil-kumar

sunil-kumar Active Member

Best Answers:
    You are lucky Sir but really some sites go down

sunil-kumar, Jul 3, 2011 IP
  15. maxmaurya

maxmaurya Member

Best Answers:
    Yes you are right @sunil-kumar mine sites fell down

maxmaurya, Jul 4, 2011 IP
  16. donaldchina

donaldchina Peon

Best Answers:
    I have the same problem with MistyGirl2000.

Maybe it will be fine several days later.

donaldchina, Jul 4, 2011 IP