1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Include command to load seaparate parts of my website...

Discussion in 'PHP' started by elan.miller, Sep 6, 2005.

I'm building a website - www.ucljsoc.com, please take a look...
    the problem is that the homepage doesn't appear, but the area around it does.

I have used the include command so that the top, bottom and the left sides of the page remain constant. This saves bandwidth and loading times.

Unfortunately my knowledge of PHP is somewhat limited, and my google searches have been renedered fruitless! Therefore I turn to you...

I want the page http://www.ucljsoc.com/index.php?page=home to load automatically when www.ucljsoc.com is typed in.

Have a look at my PHP:
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------

$p = $_GET['page'];
    $pages = array("home","register", "sign_in", "events", "photogallery", "about", "contact_us", "campaigns", "education", "fundraising", "welfare", "sponsorship", "competitions", "freshers", "commitee", "hillel_news", "halls", "timetable", "shabbat", "fun_and_games");
    if (in_array ($p,$pages)) {
    if (!$p) {
    $p = "home";
    }
    include "$p.php";

} else {
    echo "<font color = 'White' size=2>The www.ucljsoc.com server cannot find your page. <BR><BR><BR><BR><BR><BR><BR><BR><BR><BR><BR>Instead of an impersonal generated message, I will leave a more personalised generated message here:<BR><BR><BR><BR>You either mis-typed the address, or the page that you want no longer exists.<BR>Either way, get in touch with us, and we'll do our best to rectify the problem.</font>";
    }

----------------------------------------------------------------------

elan.miller, Sep 6, 2005 IP
  2. Connect

Connect Guest

Best Answers:
    Try this:

$p = $_GET['page'];
    $pages = array("home","register", "sign_in", "events", "photogallery", "about", "contact_us", "campaigns", "education", "fundraising", "welfare", "sponsorship", "competitions", "freshers", "commitee", "hillel_news", "halls", "timetable", "shabbat", "fun_and_games");

if (!$p) {
    	$p = "home";
    }

if (in_array ($p,$pages)) {
    	include "$p.php";
    } else {
    	echo "<font color = 'White' size=2>The www.ucljsoc.com server cannot find your page. <BR><BR><BR><BR><BR><BR><BR><BR><BR><BR><BR>Instead of an impersonal generated message, I will leave a more personalised generated message here:<BR><BR><BR><BR>You either mis-typed the address, or the page that you want no longer exists.<BR>Either way, get in touch with us, and we'll do our best to rectify the problem.</font>";
    }

PHP:

Connect, Sep 6, 2005 IP
  3. rehash

rehash Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    include executes on the serverside so you dont save anything but server space :D

rehash, Sep 22, 2005 IP
  4. DavidAusman

DavidAusman Peon

Best Answers:
    connect's script should work fine i guess

DavidAusman, Sep 22, 2005 IP
  5. LAMP

LAMP Peon

Best Answers:
    I would do it this way.. no need to have a page array

$page = isset($_GET['page'])? $_GET['page'].'.php' : 'home.php';
    if ( file_exists($page) )