1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

In vue.js use timeago format

Discussion in 'JavaScript' started by mstdmstd, Dec 26, 2017.

Hello,
    In vue.js(2.5) I want to output some properties comma separated, like:

&nbsp;( {{participantUser.first_name}} {{participantUser.last_name}}, {{participantUser.user_status_label}}, {{participantUser.user_status_label}} )<br>
    Code (markup):
    But as some of the values can be empty, I would like to skip empty comma in resulting string, so I need some routine to deal with empty fields.

The usual way for this can be to set all parameters in

<div v-if="users_list_block_visible && participantUsersList.length > 0" >
    {{ participantUserInfo(participantUser) }}
    </div>

methods: {

participantUserInfo(user) {
    var dataArray = [ " ", user['first_name']+' '+user['last_name'], user['user_status_label'], user['visited_at'] ]
    return this.concatStrings(dataArray, ', '); // that is my function for concatinating - ok with it
    Code (markup):

The question is that I need field visited_at to show in Since format, using this https://github.com/egoist/vue-timeago library

When I need to show time of message creation, I do
    <timeago :since="nextUserChatMessage.created_at" :auto-update="60"></timeago>
    Code (markup):
    But as field visited_at can be empty, I aslo need to include it it dataArray array for concatStrings.
    If there is a way to call timeago functionality for visited_at in javascript participantUserInfo function or to make it in some other way?

I thought about computed methods, but is it this case? computed methods seems do not have parameters....

I hope I put it clearly....

Thanks!

mstdmstd, Dec 26, 2017 IP
  2. deathshadow

deathshadow Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    First, you're using an object, the names don't violate JS property/method namespace, just use the object method.

Second, and I rarely say this... this is a job for hardcoding. ASSUMING the name always exists:

participantUserInfo(user) {
    	var result = user.first_name + ' ' + user.last_name;
    	if (user.user_status_label) result += ', ' + user.user_status_label;
    	if (user.visited_at) result += ', ' + user.visited_at;
    	return result;
    }

Code (markup):
    Sometimes automation will only take you so far.

Now, that said, IF I were to automate it by making an array, I'd suggest using join instead of concatStrings.

deathshadow, Jan 6, 2018 IP