1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

In need of Guru

Discussion in 'General Business' started by denis111, Jun 7, 2015.

Hello, I am currently exploring various methods of escaping my 9-5 job. One of the methods I've been considering consists of purchasing an already established online business. Unfortunately I don't know how to discern a scam from a good deal (even though some of the sites I have researched are clearly scams) and I was wondering if anyone could recommend a trustworthy seller? Or mentor/guide me in the process of purchasing an online business and what I should be wary of.

denis111, Jun 7, 2015 IP
  2. murfe

murfe Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Instead of buying someone else's online business why not start your own.
    It doesn't take much to get started and you won't have to worry about getting scammed
    by someone selling you a business that is not profitable.

Just my thoughts.

murfe, Jun 7, 2015 IP
    Karen May Jones likes this.
  3. denis111

denis111 Peon

Best Answers:
    I have put a lot of thought into creating my own business - it would definitely be the safest option. I tried drop-shipping a year ago, and It unfortunately was a mess. Purchasing an already up and going business is just something I would like to try.

denis111, Jun 7, 2015 IP
  4. murfe

murfe Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    If this business is one that you trust and have done proper research on,then by all means pursue it.
    Much success to you my friend!

murfe, Jun 7, 2015 IP
  5. oaksvirals

oaksvirals Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    You won't be able to quit your day job over night with any new business. I recommend you start e-mail marketing though.

oaksvirals, Jun 7, 2015 IP
  6. uttoransen

uttoransen Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Hey Denis,

If you are so new, it is generally not a good idea to start with buying a site. You are worried about scammers, and you think some Guru will help you out? rather than scamming you?

Here's a quick guide on how you can proceed further.

1) You are looking for an already up business - that is a good idea. Keep looking for it, and when you get it, instead of buying it, rather start a similar business and learn more about it.

2) Spend enough time on this forum and read as much as you can. There's plenty of information hidden in the threads, try to get as much knowledge as possible.

After that, if you still fail to create a business from scratch - buy a running one on the same niche. Now you have the required experience about the niche, so you can make a more informed buying decision and be able to run this new business better.

uttoransen, Jun 7, 2015 IP
  7. Pillai.G

Pillai.G Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Articles:
    Come up with a business idea.

Create a buyer persona. Identify the geographic of your identified target market.

Market your product using various social media and marketing mediums.

With a solid plan everything will turn out well. Most businesses fail due to inefficient execution of their planning.

Pillai.G, Jun 11, 2015 IP
  8. SixtyMarketing

SixtyMarketing Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    buying someone elses website is very risky as they might of performed old seo techniques that Google have removed from their ranking factors. if they are still ranked high this could still mean that google has not caught up with them yet, but eventually they will.

My advice would be to get a full seo audit done on the website just to make sure everything is fine with how traffic is earned and the inbound link profile is safe. Also please dont get fooled by social media likes or followers as these can easily be purchased for next to nothing.

SixtyMarketing, Jun 11, 2015 IP
  9. gregdavidson

gregdavidson Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    It's hard to distinguish a legitimate website from one that isn't. Anybody can create fake traffic rankings and earnings statements. The best thing you can probably do is take the link to the website you're interested in purchasing and ask the people of this community what they think.

P.S. If it sounds too good to be true, then it probably is. Would you sell a website that's generating $25,000 per year for $20,000?

gregdavidson, Jun 12, 2015 IP
  10. JoeMongan

JoeMongan Member

Best Answers:
    Your own business won't make you money overnight and it can be tough getting started without the right investment cash. When I am looking
    to buy a business I usually go to FE International since I am not a Flippa expert. How much business experience do you have? You know it's risky
    operating any business when you aren't experienced. :)

JoeMongan, Jun 13, 2015 IP
    macdonjo likes this.
  11. Peter Alypos

Peter Alypos Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Now is truckloads of idea and gurus teaching whatever you want. Just you need to focus on one area and consistently work for minimum 6-12 months to go where you want to be

Peter Alypos, Jun 14, 2015 IP
  12. kb24

kb24 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    You can have someone build a site for you so that you can get a head start. There are people out there that have pre made blogs on a certain topic so they don't have to build a site from scratch. I would find myself a mentor so it cuts down on the learning curve. There is a lot of mis-information out there. Making money online works You just need to work at it. Its not some get rich quick type of thing..

kb24, Jun 14, 2015 IP
  13. Karen May Jones

Karen May Jones Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Maybe you can suggest to him who does that kind of service (the audit). I think that falls in line with what he is sort of looking for.

Karen May Jones, Jun 14, 2015 IP