1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

'in house' order system

Discussion in 'PHP' started by webber09, Feb 9, 2017.

Hi guys,

I am looking for a php ordering system whereby staff can order specified products, then this gets sent to the management team + owners, then they will review and place the order with the reliant external companies.

At the moment I have the list (VERY LARGE) in a html form with quantity required textboxes with them. I attempted to set this up with a php emailer, however failed.

I am just wondering which way people believe is best to go with this, is a php email connected to the form the right idea or would there be a better way?

webber09, Feb 9, 2017 IP
  2. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    That doesn't sound wildly practical.

I'd go for a traditional shopping cart where they add items in and then "purchase" and management do a manual authorisation.

Or

I'd create a simple app using buzztouch or similar where the staff members scan an item, say how many are needed and it gets added to a central shopping list and that generates the email that management send.

sarahk, Feb 9, 2017 IP
  3. NetStar

NetStar Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Unless I'm mistaken, and I could be, you are looking for a consumer to enter their credit card info to purchase through you then your staff will purchase this item on behalf of the customer on another companies site? If so...that's very flawed and I would advise against it.

However, if you are looking to accept payment THEN order via a backend control panel for a drop shipper it's entirely possible. You just need standard shopping cart and payment processing software..

NetStar, Feb 11, 2017 IP
  4. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    @NetStar I thought it was internal purchases that were being ordered. Like when a mechanic needs more oil, spare parts etc. They make the request and then logistics make the actual purchase. For instance:
    • the order might be for 5 items but if 12 are bought there's a significant discount and they're small so storage isn't a problem.
    • the order might be for 5 items but they're perishable so even though there's a discount for 12 it's better to just buy what you know will be used
    • the order might be for 5 items but there's a 2 month lead time and there's an existing pre-order for 6 on it's way
    • the order might be for 5 items from X but Company Y is selling them for less/better delivery/etc

sarahk, Feb 11, 2017 IP
    NetStar likes this.
  5. NetStar

NetStar Notable Member

Best Answers:
    It's digital point...I just assume the most illogical and absurd...

NetStar, Feb 11, 2017 IP
    PoPSiCLe and sarahk like this.
  6. webber09

webber09 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Hi guys and thanks for your replies,

Let me clear up and give a bit more background. We have several sites setup over the country whereby they sell set given items... however at the moment when they are running low on said items or even run out, I am just getting a text message every 5 mins saying they need this and that on the next delivery.

I need a system whereby they can have all the items listed in a html form, then next to it a box in which they can tell me how much they want to receive to the store on the next delivery, once this form has been filled out they can then send it to me, pref by email.

once i have received this, i can then do the actual ordering from our suppliers to the reliant stores individually

Thanks for your time

webber09, Feb 16, 2017 IP
  7. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    Sounds like your site managers have zero skills in inventory management and there is no centralised ordering system that takes note of sales trends to predict future demand.

I'd start with any ecommerce site, give all products a zero value and let your managers purchase them. At the end of each day get a management report of "sales" and send that through to the relevant suppliers.

A quick google search came up with http://www.capterra.com/inventory-control-software/ which might be a good starting point to look at real stock control systems. You'll find plenty of ecommerce experience here but stock control folk will be less likely.

sarahk, Feb 16, 2017 IP