1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Improving the accuracy of Google Maps API results?

Discussion in 'Google API' started by BioSpherical, Apr 23, 2012.

Hi,

I'm here with a question regarding Google Maps.

On my site I use Google Maps API to get the location of businesses and place them on a map. However, I've noticed that sometimes the location shown on my site and their actual location is different. While in a number of cases this is simply due to the address perhaps not being quite accurate enough, in some cases it gets it wrong even when the address seems perfect.

Does anyone know of a way the accuracy can be improved? Quite often, Google Maps already has the business so ideally in these cases the location shown on my site would be the same one Google Maps has. We tried to get this to happen by using the name of the business in the query but this didn't help, so either it's not a solution or we were doing it wrong!

Any ideas would be appreciated. Feel free to PM me if you're experienced with this and would be able to help (paid, of course!).

Thanks.

BioSpherical, Apr 23, 2012 IP
  2. grvacademy

grvacademy Peon

Best Answers:
    Good tolls thanks for sharing this information..

grvacademy, May 2, 2012 IP
  3. whitey99

whitey99 Active Member

Best Answers:
    You may getter a better result by geocoding the address prior to calling the map API

whitey99, May 2, 2012 IP
  4. annaharryson

annaharryson Peon

Best Answers:
    i really like these tools.
    thanks for sharing.

annaharryson, May 19, 2012 IP