1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Improving and optimizing your out-of-date blog posts

Discussion in 'General Marketing' started by Pawansharma, Jul 25, 2017.

At present, high-performing, quality content is more vital than ever to your natural rankings. Keeping old or low-quality content can lead to higher bounce rates and/or fewer clicks, and these factors could damage your site’s overall authority with Google. You can either update the content or delete it and do a 301 redirect to a new piece of content that is performing better.

Pawansharma, Jul 25, 2017 IP
  2. Spartan14

Spartan14 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Nice information.tHANKS

Spartan14, Jul 26, 2017 IP
  3. Anthony20

Anthony20 Member

Best Answers:
    Instead of deleting old content, you can optimize and promote it again over social media. You can change the old keyword/s in your old post to what is trending as of now. Updating alt tag and meta description if applicable is also helpful.

Anthony20, Jul 26, 2017 IP
  4. MrKing01

MrKing01 Active Member

Best Answers:
    It should be noted here that not all old content is bad. Old content could be good for SEO if it gets clicks, links and shares.

MrKing01, Jul 28, 2017 IP
  5. thebrandman

thebrandman Member

Best Answers:
    Blogs are about individual posts, over the lifetime of that blog. I would think updating all older posts in the ways you have listed would be both an immense undertaking, and the complete opposite of a what a blog is about? Sure, update IMPORTANT old posts, but don't devalue your blog by deleting old posts. Let your readers see what got you to where you are in your blog. If someone links into an old post, don't assume that they won't know how to find your current content.

Besides, maybe that new reader WANTS to read your old posts. Let them. If you need more updated content, write a new blog post, and link the old one as a reminder of what you wrote about that post topic in the past. Doing this makes that old post "new" again.

Blog content doesn't need to be painstakingly updated just for the sake of "newness". Your blog is a story. Let people read it as you wrote it. Let people see the personality of that blog. There is such a thing as going overboard just for the sake of "more clicks".

thebrandman, Jul 28, 2017 IP
  6. daica85

daica85 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Nice info. But I think it depends on niches you're joining, such as me, the content on my blog are updated frequently. Every time I receive the new info, I update it instantly on my blog. However, if you don't have new infos for times, you can update your post by changing its time to the latest. This will let users have a positive look on your site. IMO

daica85, Jul 31, 2017 IP
  7. dscurlock

dscurlock Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    It it aint broke, dont fix it...

only the blog owner knows if he/she has quality content or not...
    If they dont, then they need to revaluate if they really need to be online...

If you have a 500 word article that was created in 1950, and it is not getting
    any traffic, then maybe it is time to let it go and delete info that is not useful.

If you have a 300 word article that is getting 1000 vistors/day, then DO NOT
    TOUCH IT! You may think by adding more content will help you, however, it
    may, or it may cause you to lose rankings, so do not try to fix it if it is not broke....

and it does not make sense to indivauly update content after it is created; what
    if you had 500 articles? It would be a mass undertaking, and not very efficent
    when you could be out there creating new content rather then updating old content.

dscurlock, Aug 6, 2017 IP
  8. KylieSweet

KylieSweet Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Old content posts within the outdated blog site with decent visits and traffic must maintain its page/s to serve as quality source of information to the users.

KylieSweet, Aug 6, 2017 IP
  9. Dennielle Lee

Dennielle Lee Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Thanks so much! This is really helpful. I really like the idea of repurposing old posts into an entirely new one backinking to the old, outdated one. :)

Dennielle Lee, Aug 8, 2017 IP
    thebrandman likes this.
  10. Profit Donkey

Profit Donkey Member Affiliate Manager

Best Answers:
    I totally agree with you. Sometimes it is actually good to show others how much you've improved. Maybe they will even like your old posts better, who knows.

Sometimes I've seen an update message at the top of the post, saying that it was written long time ago, if there are any changes made, etc. I think that is also a very good way to make old posts fresh again.

Profit Donkey, Aug 29, 2017 IP
  11. Patricia Ann Lee

Patricia Ann Lee Active Member

Best Answers:
    I'd rather delete old contents than update it, it is just your doing it all over again so it will just be a lot of work.
    That's why when creating a blog make sure you are doing it right.

Patricia Ann Lee, Aug 29, 2017 IP
  12. Fokhrulislam

Fokhrulislam Peon

Best Answers:
    If you're not driving traffic to your old blog posts, you are slashing your ROI dramatically. ... of dollars creating a new blog post and then letting it die, once it rolls off your front page. ..... Refreshing the content will improve search engine optimization. ... The reason it was low was because the guide was already out of date.

Fokhrulislam, Aug 29, 2017 IP
  13. iwebsocial

iwebsocial Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I will not deleted my old content or post. You can edit it and add more information to it and share it on social media sites. You can also repurpose your old content. It is very effective ways to make most out of your old content.

iwebsocial, Aug 30, 2017 IP