1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Impressions decreased for placement of a website

Discussion in 'Google AdWords' started by FireStorM, Mar 26, 2016.

Hi, i need some help.. I was often targeting a very popular local website for placement, it has 500,000 impressions but now i can it has only 10,000. All the google adsense ads are on that website but the impressions decreased for me .. Can someone help me on this? has that website blocked me ? Is there any way to fully target that website even if the impressions has decreased?

All the adsense ads are on that website, the way they were before when impressions were 500,000 !

FireStorM, Mar 26, 2016 IP
  2. Lucid Web Marketing

Lucid Web Marketing Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    While I believe that site owners using Adsense can block certain advertisers, I don't believe most know about it and probably even fewer actively use this function. So I highly doubt that's what happened, especially since you are getting impressions, just not as many.

What you don't say and what I suspect is that you are a new advertiser, at the very least, only recently started targeting that particular site.

When you start out, Google gives you the benefit of the doubt and gives your ads a higher than average Quality Score. They also need data to properly assess your quality. Thus in the first few days, your ads may show more often than they normally would just so the system gets a feel of your ad's true quality. Of course, if your quality is low, you will see much reduced impressions because other advertisers have better quality and that means more money for Google (and the publisher).

So this is the most likely reason in my opinion. The solution is trying different ads to improve their quality. At least you are targeting a site that is presumably most likely to have interest in your offer. Note that you can target specific pages too. I've done this quite successfully and even created image ads using the site's main colors. I've found text ads work best however so if the site displays them, use them (you don't say if you are using text, images or both).

Lucid Web Marketing, Mar 26, 2016 IP