1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Impression counts way down, traffic unchanged

Discussion in 'Digital Point Ads' started by Cardplayer, Nov 22, 2011.

I am a DP ads publisher. Since Nov 16th 2011 my DigitalPoint ad impressions have been reporting incorrectly, maybe more than 90% lower of where they should be.

Suspecting something was askew, I did a 50/50 split serving test with Google Adsense and Digital Point Ads. Adsense reported 14,028 impressions over the same period that Digital Point reports receiving 404 impressions. Both had the same number of click thrus.

My advertiser's ads are appearing for me when I browse my site and am certain they are being served (CTR's support it) but balances are not changing.

Please advise. What's going on?

Cardplayer, Nov 22, 2011 IP
  2. digitalpoint

digitalpoint Overlord of no one Staff

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    It looks like some third-party JavaScript you have installed may have been conflicting with the callback (the 1x1 pixel that is added as confirmation of an impression). So the ad was being served, but some 3rd party JS was blocking the impression tracking mechanism.

The reason it was more prevalent recently is because it seems to only happen if you have more than one advertiser bidding on the same ad space. I've changed how some Digital Point Ads variables are scoped in the JavaScript so third-party stuff shouldn't be able to touch them now.

Let me know if you don't see your stats going back to normal...

digitalpoint, Nov 22, 2011 IP