1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Impression Count differ by large proportion

Discussion in 'Reporting & Stats' started by Trix, Jul 11, 2011.

In my site, I have one 728x90 image ad (in floated right element), and one 160x600 text ad (in floated left element). They appear on each and every page.

But when I look at the impressions of the two ads during the last month, I see that the ratio of ads displayed were 1:7.

The ratio was almost 1:10 when I had 125x125 in the place of the 160x600 ad.

Today I have changed the html to make the floated right element come ahead of the floated left sidebar. I have done this for two reasons,
    1) To make sure the content comes first in the html
    2) To check whether that is having an impact on the impressions.

So, is there any specific reason you know why was my 728x90 ads showing such low impressions ?

Edit: For anyone facing similar issue, Here is an update. Upon googling about this issue, I came to know that, its an known issue. PageViews are calculated only for first ad. If you check the "Individual Ad impressions" column, you will get better results.

Trix, Jul 11, 2011 IP
  2. Trix

Trix Peon

Best Answers:
    Once I changed the HTML, the 728x90 only shows impressions. It seems like the first ad that comes in the html only shows impressions.

Anybody faced similar issue ?

Edit: For anyone facing similar issue, Here is an update. Upon googling about this issue, I came to know that, its an known issue. PageViews are calculated only for first ad. If you check the "Individual Ad impressions" column, you will get better results.

Last edited: Jul 14, 2011
    Trix, Jul 14, 2011 IP