1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Impressed, but how?

Discussion in 'SEO' started by DarrenC, Jun 26, 2004.

One of my competitors has a No.2 ranking for 'Vacation Rentals' which is impressive considering the KW's are very rarely used within the content.

villa-vacation.com

Also there blocking Google from not caching the website via the no achieve meta tag, what would the advantage be of doing this?

This website is PR6 and I'm interested to hear why you thinking there are doing so well?

I'm impressed.

Darren :)

DarrenC, Jun 26, 2004 IP
  2. misohoni

misohoni Notable Member

Best Answers:
    he could have paid inclusions, back links, placed on many other search engines...many things.

I don't think there's no quick easy solution. If every web designer knew all the SEO techniques, there still would be someone higher ranked than you...

misohoni, Jun 26, 2004 IP
  3. Old Welsh Guy

Old Welsh Guy Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Hiya wwwhomes,
    at a quick glance I would say that they may being treated as both a 'hub' and an 'authority' by Google.
    http://www.google.com/search?sourceid=navclient&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&q=allinanchor:vacation+rentals shows that they are #3 worldwide for the anchor text 'vacation rentals' they link out to hundreds of sites, and hundreds link to them.

However take a look at their links page, and you will see that they appear to be conning the people,who link to them, as their links page is PR0, so, from a page rank point of view there is very little point in swapping links.

Old Welsh Guy, Jun 26, 2004 IP
  4. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    According to my backlink checker they have 2500+ with hotbot and msn, that must help. Google has them with 894.

Anyone who thinks "links" is a stopword can take a look at those listings.

They have set up their directory structure so that every url looks like:
    <A HREF="/Vacation_Rentals/Virgin_Islands.htm">
    Code (markup):
    Woohoo, look at those keywords fly!

sarahk, Jun 26, 2004 IP
  5. DarrenC

DarrenC Peon

Best Answers:
    OWG - Yes, appears so, especially since the content very rarely uses the KW's concerned. I'd not looked as far as Yahoo etc, but 800+ links is not that high, we are only 400 behind :rolleyes: but if that's the case it sure does show you the power of backlinks.

It's good to see how your competition is working, and the directory is obviously providing them with a good amount of backlinks, but I think most of the backlinks come from another site they must own, unfortunately the link partners are not getting anything out of it..

I'm off link hunting.. adios!

Darren :)

DarrenC, Jun 26, 2004 IP