1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Important Update from Paypal for PayPal India Users : Change in User Agreement

Discussion in 'PayPal' started by Wisden Writers, Jan 28, 2011.

1. seoalex

seoalex Banned

Best Answers:
    @olddocks Thanks for reply, I think you are right, but how we can believe, is it safe to withdraw that amount to my bank? I am confuse can that amount will back reversal?

seoalex, Mar 3, 2011 IP
  2. karthimx

karthimx Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    I just sent $75 just 10 min ago and it worked perfectly till now. No problem yet for send option yet.

karthimx, Mar 3, 2011 IP
  3. powerboss

powerboss Active Member

Best Answers:
    Either Paypal is in negotiations with RBI to resolve this issue or they may be making a new site especially for INDIANS.

Paypal.in with no "Send payment" option. We might see "Pay with credit card" there.

powerboss, Mar 3, 2011 IP
  4. mrwordsworth

mrwordsworth Active Member

Best Answers:
    Paypal is actually working on to make their system RBI compatible, it will take some time I guess.

mrwordsworth, Mar 3, 2011 IP
  5. Red_Virus

Red_Virus Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    So why is PayPal not giving us any updates !!!

Red_Virus, Mar 3, 2011 IP
  6. chandan123

chandan123 Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    some users reported they not able to send money so they may implementing the rules on some criteria

chandan123, Mar 3, 2011 IP
  7. bandorsson

bandorsson Banned

Best Answers:
    HI users,

I just got the mail.

Dear XXXX,
    With effect from 1 March 2011, PayPal will be complying with the requirements set out in the notification of the Reserve Bank of India (“RBI Guidelines”) governing the processing and settlement of export-related receipts facilitated by online payment gateways.
    In order to comply with the RBI Guidelines, we will be disallowing users from using any balance in and all future payments into their PayPal accounts to buy goods or services. Users will be required to use their credit cards for making such payments.
    Since our Mass Payment feature does not support payment from credit cards, we will be discontinuing this feature. Indian users will not be able to avail of the Mass Payment feature, that is, send Mass Payment through their PayPal account. However, all Indian users will be able to receive Mass Payment into their PayPal account.
    We regret any inconvenience caused to you and seek your understanding as we continue to employ our best efforts to comply with the RBI Guidelines in a timely manner.
    Sincerely,
    PayPal
    Copyright© 2010 PayPal Inc. All rights reserved.
    Consumer advisory: PayPal Pte Ltd, the Holder of the PayPalâ„¢ stored value facility, does not require the approval of the Monetary Authority of Singapore. Consumers (users) are advised to read the terms and conditions carefully.

bandorsson, Mar 3, 2011 IP
  8. dilon

dilon Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Hello DPers, I just got the mail from pay pal!

Dear XXXX,
    With effect from 1 March 2011, PayPal will be complying with the requirements set out in the notification of the Reserve Bank of India (“RBI Guidelines”) governing the processing and settlement of export-related receipts facilitated by online payment gateways.
    In order to comply with the RBI Guidelines, we will be disallowing users from using any balance in and all future payments into their PayPal accounts to buy goods or services. Users will be required to use their credit cards for making such payments.
    Since our Mass Payment feature does not support payment from credit cards, we will be discontinuing this feature. Indian users will not be able to avail of the Mass Payment feature, that is, send Mass Payment through their PayPal account. However, all Indian users will be able to receive Mass Payment into their PayPal account.
    We regret any inconvenience caused to you and seek your understanding as we continue to employ our best efforts to comply with the RBI Guidelines in a timely manner.
    Sincerely,
    PayPal
    Copyright© 2010 PayPal Inc. All rights reserved.
    Consumer advisory: PayPal Pte Ltd, the Holder of the PayPalâ„¢ stored value facility, does not require the approval of the Monetary Authority of Singapore. Consumers (users) are advised to read the terms and conditions carefully.

dilon, Mar 3, 2011 IP
  9. deluxdon

deluxdon Catch Me If You Can...!!!™ Staff

Best Answers:
    They are still sending emails to indian pp accounts so once done sending all emails then only they are planning to apply new rules IMO.

DON.

deluxdon, Mar 3, 2011 IP
  10. simplyjo

simplyjo Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Hi - It is safe to withdraw. My question, however, is , if its safe to 'pay' for services to indian paypal accounts using PP balance ? It says in their notice that it's not.
    On the other hand, "Card" mentioned we can attach our credit card and pay through that ?

simplyjo, Mar 3, 2011 IP
  11. simplyjo

Best Answers:
    Oops a new site ? I hope it doesn't come to that.. would be a mess.. and they wont bother to solve issues as promptly as before coz it wont be a global issue anymore.

simplyjo, Mar 3, 2011 IP
  12. simplyjo

Best Answers:
    If someone is having issues sending payments, pls can you post here in this thread along with reason / error you are getting and amount you are transferring ? maybe it has to do with amount or something ?

simplyjo, Mar 3, 2011 IP
  13. techGuide1

techGuide1 Peon

Best Answers:
    yep, send option is still working. anyone got more than $500 after 1st March??

techGuide1, Mar 3, 2011 IP
  14. chandan123

Best Answers:
    go thru this thread http://forums.digitalpoint.com/showthread.php?t=2107650

chandan123, Mar 4, 2011 IP
  15. chandan123

Best Answers:
    2-3 guys posted they recieved 500$+ in previous pages

chandan123, Mar 4, 2011 IP
  16. kiranheartbeats

kiranheartbeats Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I got $700 today from my germany client. It's still working but i think they will restrict soon.

kiranheartbeats, Mar 4, 2011 IP
  17. 07venky

07venky Active Member

Best Answers:
    Iam worried how to operate without PayPal. Kept finger cross not to happen any restriction to india

07venky, Mar 4, 2011 IP
  18. simplyjo

Best Answers:
    Just read they will discontinue mass payments too - shucks ! :( more bad news.

simplyjo, Mar 4, 2011 IP
  19. photoworldblog

photoworldblog Active Member

Best Answers:
    i hope they do that... many people r depended on paypal !

photoworldblog, Mar 4, 2011 IP
  20. dhpd22

dhpd22 Peon

Best Answers:
    HI ALL INDIAN FELLA MEMBERS,

AS YOU GUYS KNOW RBI SUCKED BIG TIMES BY LIMITING PAYPAL AND OTHER PAYMENT PROCESSORS LIKE PLIMUS TO NOT ACCEPT PAYMENTS VIA CREDIT CARD. IT IS PATHETIC THAT ENTIRE COUNTRY IS BEING LOOTED BY CORRUPT POLITICIANS AND WE HARD WORKERS ARE NOT EVEN ABLE TO EARN MONEY ONLINE AND ORGANIZATIONS SUCH AS RBI DO NOT WANT US TO MAKE MONEY ONLINE.

I HOPE YOU GUYS STILL REMEMBER MARCH 2010 WHEN THEY DID A WHOLE MESS OF REVERSING PAYMENTS VIA PAYPAL AND THEN IT WAS STARTED AFTER A MONTH. NOW YOU ALL KNOW FROM THIS MARCH THEY IMPOSED PRETTY HARASSING RULES ON SUCH ONLINE PAYMENT PROCESSOR COMPANIES AND I DOUBT THAT IN NEAR FUTURE MAY BE MARCH 2012 RBI WILL BE BANNING ALL OF THESE PAYMENT PROCESSORS TO PROCESS PAYMENT ONLINE AND WE ALL ONLINE EARNERS WILL GO UNEMPLOYED.

YES IT CAN BE PRETTY MUCH POSSIBLE. WE NEED TO RISE THIS VOICE. I KNOW WE CAN NOT DO STRIKES AS WE ARE NOT CONNECTED TO EACH OTHER AS IN PERSON AND WE ARE VERY FAR FROM EACH OTHER BUT WE ALL CAN WRITE A PETITION TO RBI BY FOLLOWING THIS LINK:-

http://www.rbi.org.in/scripts/helpdesk.aspx

JUST WRITE THEM THAT HOW MANY PROBLEMS ARE WE GETTING DUE TO SUCH CRAZY DECISION BY RBI. I URGE ALL OF THE INDIAN GUYS TO PLEASE START WRITING TO THEM AND SPREAD THIS WORD TO EVERY INDIAN ONLINE EARNER SO RBI CAN BE AWARE OF HOW THEY ARE BADLY AFFECTING OUR BUSINESS.

I'M MAKING 100% OF MY INCOME ONLINE AND DUE TO THE NEW RULES I HAVE A % OF CLIENTS THAT ARE NOT ELIGIBLE TO PROCESS ME PAYMENTS ANYMORE.

I KNOW HERE ARE MANY OF THE INDIAN WEBMASTERS SO KINDLY RIGHT THE PETITION AND ALSO POST IN THIS THREAD AND LET EVERY INDIAN KNOW ABOUT THIS SITUATION AND SIGN A PETITION TO RBI.

WITH REGARDS,
    DHEER

alright as one of the guy here asked what to write and what to send those so I'm here sharing what I have wrote to RBI. I would suggest you not to copy and paste (as it won't make too much impact on them if all of the guys will send the same) rather just get an idea and write in your own words and your own concerns. Here is what I wrote:-

Why the hell RBI is making lots of problems for online earners like me and thousand others. I'm an online seller and selling my services to foreign clients with Plimus and Paypal but due to crazy RBI rules I'm not able to accept credit card payments anymore.

It is pathetic. The entire country is getting looted by corrupt politicians and you don't do anything with them but mess with small earners like us who are really working very hard to feed their family and bringing foreign currency in India.

Please Please Please let us live and feed our families.

I hope someone will hear my voice and take action accordingly.

Last edited: Mar 4, 2011
    dhpd22, Mar 4, 2011 IP