1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Importance of sitemap

Discussion in 'Google Sitemaps' started by p.caspian, Oct 21, 2011.

Guys,

I have built a forum and just wanna know is sitemap important to increase my forum's PR or index? If yes then how?

Solved! View solution.
    p.caspian, Oct 21, 2011 IP
  2. lalit.nagrath

lalit.nagrath Member

Best Answers:
    Sitemap is to be submitted to search engines and helps them index your site better ,update your sitemap every now and then .
    i dont think it help with PR or index ,i can be wrong in this one :)

lalit.nagrath, Oct 21, 2011 IP
    modraideja likes this.
  3. modraideja

modraideja Peon

Best Answers:
    Sitemap has nothing to do with your PR. But it is useful to submit it in Google Webmaster Tools for faster Indexing of your forum...

modraideja, Oct 21, 2011 IP
  4. p.caspian

p.caspian Peon

Best Answers:
    How can I submit my site's sitemap to google? Can you train me?

p.caspian, Oct 23, 2011 IP
  5. dcristo

dcristo Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    Articles:
    Sitemaps are for proper indexation and are more important for larger sites like forums. It has nothing to do with PR.

You can submit the sitemap within Google Webmaster Tools.

dcristo, Oct 23, 2011 IP
  6. p.caspian

p.caspian Peon

Best Answers:
    So for that what I have to do- make a sitemap page on my site? How can I make that?

p.caspian, Oct 25, 2011 IP
  7. dcristo

dcristo Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    Articles:
    what type of site do you have?

dcristo, Oct 25, 2011 IP
  8. cerified

cerified Peon

Best Answers:
    sitemap are very important as a seo it's play virtual role in seo it's easy crawl by search engine and index in the database of search engine but it's no role in page rank that depend on back links.

cerified, Oct 27, 2011 IP
    Sitemap has nothing to do with your PR. Sitemap is important for website so Google crawl your website easily.

As you told that you have a forum than I think that there is no need of sitemap.
    Reason: 1) You have dynamic pages and unlimited pages.
    2) While you do the posting in forum a new page is ready. So you have to place that page in sitemap also. If in a day you have 100post than you have 100 different pages, than how many time you update your sitemap.

Till now I have not seen the sitemap in any forum

Main thing is content as you know content is the king. As your content updated on regular basis different search engine crawl and index your website himself.

Davidpoul, Oct 28, 2011 IP
  10. p.caspian

p.caspian Peon

Best Answers:
    Its a general forum..............................

p.caspian, Oct 28, 2011 IP
  11. Balaji Naidu

Balaji Naidu Active Member

Best Answers:
    Sitemap are very much important factor for indexing of the website but yes such sitemap has nothing to do with PR of the Forum. Normally there are varied range of sitemaps are available if you have got a static website you can very well prepare sitemap from xml-sitemaps.com but in case you have dynamic website and that too forum where frequent updation is possible than you can very well go for feed as a sitemap here integrate RSS feed for each of your category and submit those feed in webmaster central for related category. Hope this can help will keep Google bot informed with each and every new posts, reply in your forum.

Balaji Naidu, Oct 28, 2011 IP
  12. p.caspian

p.caspian Peon

Best Answers:
    So is it possible to make sitemaps for a forum. If yes, then can you tell me how can I do that?

p.caspian, Oct 29, 2011 IP
  13. Balaji Naidu

Balaji Naidu Active Member

Best Answers:
    Sure, As I quoted earlier that in case of Forums where frequent updation is taken place so here the best option available for you is to install RSS Feed for each of your category in similar way as Digital point Forum has done. If you still can't get just browse the home page of digital point forum there you can see different category such as Google, Yahoo and so on near to that ahead of thread number you can see an icon of RSS. You have to prepare similarly for each of your category and submit all those to your webmaster account. Hope you might be aware about RSS program, if in case you are ignorant about the same explain your programmer about the situation. Hope they might be well aware about it. If still you are unable to find the answer. Let me know I will find for you and explain it in detail over here.

Balaji Naidu, Oct 30, 2011 IP
  14. kurianthomasy

kurianthomasy Peon

Best Answers:
    Site map are very much important factor for indexing of the website.While some people used to consider site maps as unnecessary to building a website, today having a site map is very important for any website.It is very useful in all over the world website.

kurianthomasy, Nov 2, 2011 IP
  15. emavens

emavens Peon

Best Answers:
    A sitemap factually acts аѕ a map οf уουr site. Whеn уουr visitors load up уουr sitemap, thеу wіƖƖ ɡеt thе gist οf уουr site within a very small amount οf time.It іѕ VERY IMPORTANT tο implement a sitemap fοr website projects wіth a considerable size. Through the different versions of the sitemaps , уου wіƖƖ bе аbƖе tο keep A website easily accessible to search engines & the visitors.

emavens, Nov 4, 2011 IP
  16. hhuu

hhuu Peon

Best Answers:
    ya there is a problem in submitting the site map goto https://www.google.com/webmasters/tools
    and the right site down press on the more and new page is opened and press on submit a sitemap

Adding the sitemap file in webmaster tools from blogger.com
    --------------
    In blogger sites, when a site is built the sitemap files are created automatically in the background in the format:

domainname.com/rss.xml
    domainname.com/atom.xml

note : it does not have 'www'.

While adding atom.xml file if it is redirected to Feedburner account, you may get an error in Google Webmasters tools while adding Blogger sitemap. For this particular problem, just adding ?redirect=false will solve this problem. So the sitemap address that you should be adding is:atom.xml?redirect=false

The default number of URLs in Blogger XML sitemap is 26, so within Webmasters tools you will see there are 26 total URLs. But if you have more than 26 posts and less than 100 posts then you can add the following sitemap:

atom.xml?redirect=false&start-index=1&max-results=100
    continue reading go to:http://photoshopupdates.blogspot.com/2010/11/how-to-submit-site-map-in-google.html

if you like this post please replay to this post

hhuu, Nov 5, 2011 IP
  17. phonex

phonex Peon

Best Answers:
    hi ,
    [h=3]When creating your sitemap, keep the following points in mind:[/h]
    • Create simple, clean HTML code.
    • Organize your website's content into contextual categories - make simple lists and don't worry about ordering.
    • Ensure that your site map reflects the structure of your website - i.e., the category headings on your website should be the top level category pages on your website. This also means that you should build a sitemap at the same time that you are planning your website's structure and content.
    • Look at sitemaps of leading websites for an insight on how to organize your links - the DevShed Sitemap is a great example.
    • While a sitemap's main purpose is to organize all pages of your website neatly on a single page, it will be helpful to include a line or two describing the link - sort of like a links page, only that this is for internal links, and not for outside links. This will help users understand what the pages are about, and keywords in these descriptions will help with search engine algorithms which are starting to account for text surrounding the links as well.
    • now You focus your attention towards link-building and other traffic building techniques, and pretty soon you've got search engine spiders crawling through your website.
    • Guaranteed to improve your site rankings.

phonex, Nov 6, 2011 IP
  18. Rven000

Rven000 Peon

Best Answers:
    Using Sitemaps has many benefits, not only easier navigation and better visibility by search engines. Sitemaps offer the opportunity to inform search engines immediately about any changes on your site. Of course, you cannot expect that search engines will rush right away to index your changed pages but certainly the changes will be indexed faster, compared to when you don't have a sitemap. :))

Rven000, Nov 14, 2011 IP
  19. Rauny

Rauny Peon

Best Answers:
    Site map is important to your website. A sitemap for your site allows Search engines to crawl and index your site effectively. Means it helps to recognize all the pages that are available on your site.

Rauny, Nov 29, 2011 IP
  20. roxenwebs

roxenwebs Member

Best Answers:
    site map is most important for your website. google takes your website updation from your site map in xml or gz and also your PR depands upon that.

roxenwebs, Dec 5, 2011 IP