1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

importance of google adwords

Discussion in 'Google AdWords' started by Ashford2, Aug 22, 2014.

Hi guys? i am having trouble differentiating between these two terms Google adword and a ctr,how do these two terms help in improving your website

Ashford2, Aug 22, 2014 IP
  2. Fer0

Fer0 Active Member

Best Answers:
    ? Please be more precise.. CTR is click through rate, and Google AdWords is platform for advertising.
    CTR is part of AdWords and all other PPC programs.

Fer0, Aug 22, 2014 IP
  3. Ashford2

Ashford2 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    so it does mean then CTR is a form of pay per click method of advertisement?

Last edited: Aug 22, 2014
    Ashford2, Aug 22, 2014 IP
  4. Fer0

Fer0 Active Member

Best Answers:
    No, it is one of the parameters. What are you trying to do?

Fer0, Aug 22, 2014 IP
  5. Jigney

Jigney Active Member

Best Answers:
    Hello,

CTR is Click Through Rate and it is defined as Clicks divided by Impressions. High CTR will help you to improve Quality Score of your keywords and it will decrease your cost per click.

Jigney, Oct 7, 2014 IP
  6. MadAdWordsMan

MadAdWordsMan Peon

Best Answers:
    I usually tell clients that CTR is the most important part of quality score, and a high quality score saves them money. Then I tell them that CTR is how many clicks their ad gets per 100 times it's seen by a person doing a Google search. It sort of helps to visualize it for them. Then I tell them the bad news that although a high CTR is great for lowering cost through an improved quality score, it means having to force a strategy that drives more clicks than you would probably want - and that sometimes lowers the conversion rate... Which drives up the cost... Then they just stare at me. lol

MadAdWordsMan, Oct 23, 2014 IP