1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Importance - Anchor Text or Links

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by Michael Medeiros, Jul 1, 2004.

I have been doing some research for quite a while, and I come across a variety of differences with this matter.

Is it more important to have a high number of "IBL" or to utilize Anchor Text?

:confused:

Michael Medeiros, Jul 1, 2004 IP
  2. Nitin M

Nitin M White/Gray/Black Hat

Best Answers:
    You need both. You must have and always continue to accumulate IBL's ... whether it is because something on your site is so special that other webmasters and content editors are naturally compelled to link to you, or whether you are buying 1-way links or trading reciprocal links, whatever.

Then to maximize the potential of these IBL's, you need to strive to have the anchor text of the IBL's match up against thesearch phrases your are targeting in SERPs.

It is not an either/or situation. They go hand in hand.

Nitin M, Jul 1, 2004 IP
  3. schlottke

schlottke Peon

Best Answers:
    The two go hand in hand. Your inbound links *should* contain your anchor text. Any other questions, feel free to ask.

schlottke, Jul 1, 2004 IP
  4. compar

compar Peon

Best Answers:
    Yes, and I'm confused by your question. Why would you think these are mutually exclusive issues.

The answer is that you should utilize anchor text with every link. It has nothing to do with the number. If you have only one IBL it should use anchor text. If you have 10,000 IBLs they should all use anchor text.

And you should have as many IBLs (each using anchor text) as possible.

I don't know where you have been doing all this research, but you should find a new place, because your research todate has lead you to the wrong conclusion.

compar, Jul 1, 2004 IP
  5. Old Welsh Guy

Old Welsh Guy Notable Member

Best Answers:
    This whole ignorance of the importance of anchor text is something that makes me pee my pants laughing.

Initially there were pages of text on the web. No graphics, just text. Within those pages were hypertext links, and the text that was blue was the link, and the text that was blue also told you what the content of the page you were going to was likely to be all about. It was keyword rich anchor text. Hardly a new hip and happening method is it. lol

Old Welsh Guy, Jul 1, 2004 IP