1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Import Salesmen?

Discussion in 'Optigold ISP' started by ColinR, May 26, 2004.

Can I import Salesmen into Optigold? Couldn;t find it as an option.
    Thanks.

ColinR, May 26, 2004 IP
  2. digitalpoint

digitalpoint Overlord of no one Staff

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    No, unfortunately you can't because the salepeople are stored in an array, rather than individual records. It was one of the necessary tradeoffs with FileMaker before 7.0. It will be shifted to records for 7.0, so it should be possible with 7.0.

digitalpoint, May 26, 2004 IP
  3. ColinR

ColinR Guest

Best Answers:
    Thanks for the 'speedy' response. Let me explain what my thinking is of this "salesmen" feature and how I can use it in my environment.

I sell hardware to dealers who sell it to the end user. Service Aggreements come in with dealer and customer relationships. My employees would setup end user in our system and based on service aggreements select from list appropriate dealer from the "salesperson" field.

My salesmen I would want to pay them a flat rate, once and once only.
    Can the Salesmen feature do this for me or is their a better way?

I know I can do some things exterior of OG but would want the visibility to be all within.

Thanks,

ColinR, May 26, 2004 IP
  4. digitalpoint

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    You could make them a 0% commission base, but then pay a certain set amount on a "setup fee" or if there is no setup fee, a $0 line item.

5. ColinR

ColinR Guest

Best Answers:
    But my Salespersons may not be customers of my services I simply sell hardware to them. Is their any additonal literature on this for me to review or screenshots you can provide of Salesmen setups etc?

ColinR, May 26, 2004 IP
  6. digitalpoint

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Well if you sell them something, you would need to create them as a customer in order to create an invoice.

As far as setup of Salespeople, you can find it under Maintenance & Preferences -> Edit Salespeople

7. ColinR

ColinR Guest

Best Answers:
    That is correct however we are invoicing hardware from our inventory system. This system of OG os our subscription based billing system.
    I'll research and test this further..thanks.

ColinR, May 26, 2004 IP
  8. ColinR

ColinR Guest

Best Answers:
    Been testing and testing. All kinds of scenarios one can do it appears with Salemperson. A few questions if I can get a response to all of them:

1)Salemen commissions can they paid simply on an open invoice and not closed? Have tested a product_id with a setup_id and the setup_id has 0.00% commission and a value in adjacent field for a spiff. Works well but business wants it paid on first invoice if open or closed. Can it pay on "open"?

2)Reporting of commissions - Admit I am wasting time trying to figure out this and maybe its not there. How does the Salesperson get the detail of "who they are being paid for"?
    I tried one scenario where it was paid and an invocie was created but all it said on invoice to Salesperson is "Commission" and not other detail. How can they get the detail etc?

TGIF..

Thanks,

ColinR, May 28, 2004 IP
  9. digitalpoint

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    No, commissions are always paid on closed invoices.

There isn't a way... it does not create a line item for every line item they were the salesperson for.

It sounds like maybe you would be better off using the referral system (if it's a one-time spiff), then it's not based on invoices at all, and they get to see who they referred.

digitalpoint, May 28, 2004 IP