1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Images search????

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by helpdesk, May 16, 2011.

Hi,

I want to know what is basically called "image slicing". I know it has to be followed for faster loading. But is it effective in point of seo? When the images are grouped, is it possible that each images can be indexed in google images search?

What is more effective in point of seo? Grouping all images into single image for faster loading or having many images with proper seo-ed image file name,title and alt txt?

Ps : take this image as example http://ondemand.manageengine.com/service-desk/images/concept.jpg and explain whether it is good for seo?

helpdesk, May 16, 2011 IP
  2. katelinfct

katelinfct Peon

Best Answers:
    "Hello,

Such a nice question. I also want to know more about Images search. Can you please post some links so that I can understand well about it. Reply as soon as possible.

Thanks!!"

katelinfct, May 16, 2011 IP
  3. netboost

netboost Peon

Best Answers:
    Google doesn't process the actual images it relies on a few factors to rank images:
    1. filename of image
    2. alt tag of image
    3. image title
    4. text surrounding image
    5. page title and name that image is on
    6. popularity and relevance of page that the image is on

Slicing is used for helping load times and for creating hotspots. If you want an image to show up in search results you should ensure it is whole or else searchers will not click and the low click through rate will make it fall in the SERPS

netboost, May 16, 2011 IP