1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Images on sites clickable loading to their own page?

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by 102drive, Nov 21, 2013.

Hello...

What are the pros and cons of having images on your blog clickable to bring the visitor to the larger image on it's own page.

I noticed most wordpress blogs have it setup as a default and the images then show on a .jpg page.

Can someone explain to me the pros and cons?

102drive, Nov 21, 2013 IP
  2. rogerbinny

rogerbinny Active Member

Best Answers:
    I'm Little bit confused by your words "clickable to bring the visitor to the larger image"

Using images inside Blog is the very good habit and healthy for SEO. There are no cons if the image is not copied from others

Try to Use Unique, relevant and interesting image in the blog and make sure that add proper SEO tags like "ALT" and" title" don't forget to add "caption" too
    If you wish give the blog post link to the image. Share this into "Pinterest" with unique description and post url. You may get more number of Traffic by this image. Better use image format is .png. According to me using unique image is 99% advantage if you are copying the image form any one website means that will harm you

rogerbinny, Nov 21, 2013 IP
  3. iodalg

iodalg Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I haven't seen any difference between not making the picture clickable or not. It's a matter of settings in Wordpress.
    the only positive think I see in making the picture clickable and show in a different window is if the theme/niche of your site provides some value to your visitors if they see the picture in more detail.
    So if pictures are an important element for your site visitors then it makes sense for them to having the choice to see the picture in more detail/bigger. The only negative here is, the page speed. If you are hosting your sites on a shitty hosting company and it takes time to load the pictures, that would be negative for you.

PS: Rogerbinny's post makes totally sense. And if you don't already add ALT, titles and captions to your images, then start doing it.

iodalg, Nov 22, 2013 IP