1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Images Next To Ads - A Yahoo Response

Discussion in 'Publisher Network' started by MaxS, Jun 23, 2006.

1. Juan G

Juan G Peon

Best Answers:
    Well, probably these other posts can be a reply to my question. However, they are posts from the summer, like YahooSarah's previous quote on images next to ads not allowed "unless there is a clear distinction between the images and ads". I would like to know if there is any new detail on this matter.

Juan G, Oct 29, 2006 IP
  2. IamNed

IamNed Peon

Best Answers:
    NO pictures by the ads. It is that simple. NO pictures above the ads, below the ads or to the left or right of them. Yahoo hates pictures. PIctures are bad. If you really want to be safe only put yahoo ads on pages with no pictures..lol

IamNed, Oct 30, 2006 IP
  3. danimal

danimal Active Member

Best Answers:
    ypn support approved my pics right up against the ads a long time ago, no problem... i don't have any white space between the pics and ads, either.

i just had 'em out there again last week to fix a targeting problem... no complaints about my page layout.

so this ymmv... don't believe crap you read on the 'net, get your page layout approved by ypn support.

danimal, Nov 1, 2006 IP
  4. karagold

karagold Peon

Best Answers:
    i agree, however, communication between ypn depts is lacking. the people you talk to are not tos or relevancy dept. these are the ones that will email you and / or suspend your account. and just because 1 ypn employee says no problem, doesnt mean you wont get that email either. it has been seen time and time again. even i have been suspended 1 day after calling ypn and asking them to verify my page layout. i got the ok from them, the next day, tos suspended my account and told me to change it.

if you want the final answer, read yahoosarahs and ypns posts regarding images next to ads. to paraphrase, images are not allowed next to ads.

with that said... jmo... good luck

karagold, Nov 1, 2006 IP
  5. andy11

andy11 Peon

Best Answers:
    fyi, I was forced to remove images that promoted my site's image gallery - all what I did was resize random images from the gallery and they had a caption that say's visit the gallery for more photos. One YPN rep told me to remove some icons and gave me the green light to keep others. Just after three days, I received another warning and when I called them another rep told me to remove all icons. When i said her co-worker just told me it was fine she said, this is beta and rules change every day.

I was warned twice and I can't risk a third time.

So it is a matter of who checks your content and what they think.

andy11, Nov 1, 2006 IP
  6. decodethis

decodethis Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Bah, I'm taking images off for now. I'll wait to see how the wind blows later. My YPN account is too important to lose because I'm trying to tweak CTR.

decodethis, Nov 1, 2006 IP
  7. IamNed

IamNed Peon

Best Answers:
    I have gotten three emails from yahoo in the course of a couple months from three different people. I wonder how many people work on the publisher network?

IamNed, Nov 1, 2006 IP
  8. Juan G

Juan G Peon

Best Answers:
    And YahooSarah, in her clarification on guidelines applied to images, added "unless...":

Juan G, Nov 1, 2006 IP
  9. danimal

danimal Active Member

Best Answers:
    wrong, if you want the final answer, get it directly from ypn support, relative to your specific website.

i can just see somebody out here pleading to get their account restored, based on crap that they read on the internet.

danimal, Nov 2, 2006 IP
  10. karagold

karagold Peon

Best Answers:
    i have called ypn many times. i have even re-called ypn with the same question. i've gotten 2 different answers directly from ypn support on more than 1 occassion and have had my account suspended a day after they told me it was good. so ypn really isnt that reliable sometimes, especially with fine line issues.

i agree however, contacting ypn is the only way to go.

jmo

karagold, Nov 2, 2006 IP
  11. IamNed

IamNed Peon

Best Answers:
    In summary, putting thumbnail images in close proximity to ads isn't a good idea.

IamNed, Nov 2, 2006 IP
  12. webmasta

webmasta Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    You cannot do it, doesn't matter what the regular support says, if you do it the relevancy department will warn you and make you remove it or get cancelled.

Plus if your traffic is not converting they will dump you also.

webmasta, Nov 3, 2006 IP