1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Images generated from ASP

Discussion in 'C#' started by bipson, May 24, 2006.

Hi everyone !! :D

I've been trying to do this since a lot of time ago, and I can't. I tried books, websites, but nothing... It's almost impossible to find examples about this, and I'm very lost... Maybe someone who has seen this in some websites, or knows how to do it can bring me light on it....

It's like generate a gif or jpg from ASP. I'll explain myself (and sorry for my poor english!) :

There are some webs where you can choose a design for something (like a car, a shirt, or a helmet, etc) and then, when you've decided if you like it with stripes, or hoops, etc, you can set colours for each part of the design in RGB format. I mean, if you choose a shirt with stripes, then you have to set a colour for one stripe, and then for the others putting the three RGB values.

But, what I didn't find anywhere, and I don't know how it's done, is when you submit that info, and you can see the results with your design and your colours...

How it's done? If you try to make combinations of colours, and saving a gif for each combination, you should have billions and billions of archives on disk, so, they must be generated real-time. And after that, they are stored in a database for further process in another pages... Someone knows how to do this ?? :)

I've been like 4 or 5 months thinking about this subject and I don't find anything whatever I try... I think it must use some javascript, but i don't know how...

Thank you a lot in advance !!!! :) Very much appreciated

bipson, May 24, 2006 IP
  2. alph

alph Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    alph, Jun 1, 2006 IP
  3. ludwig

ludwig Notable Member

Best Answers:
    I am working on the same, and can't find the solution.

Don't want to use third party, there should be something, but don't know what yet.

If you find out anything let us know,

ludwig, Jun 2, 2006 IP