1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Image Wrap Issue?

Discussion in 'CSS' started by d3vlabs, Jul 8, 2005.

If you want to look at the issue right away, skip all the way down to GOAL:, the text below is just to give more information

ISSUE:

Site: www.catchmyDR1FT.com

catchmyDR1FT.com. top right corner under the searchbox/date module and above the text ". 2.0 // codename :: champloo // re-launched 06.01.05" there is a BLACK horizontal line that's not supposed to be there.

TESTING:

Mozilla Firefox 1.0.4
    IE 6.0
    IE7 (CSS optimized)
    Opera 8.0.2 beta
    Konqueror (latest version)

WHAT's KNOWN:

At first I thought this was simply a line on the bottom of the header_bg.gif file which is used for the background of that area. Yet after close examination using zoom feature and replacing it with header_right_corner.gif ( file used on the very right side, next to header_bg.gif which doesn't have the black line on the bottom issue) I started looking elsewhere

My 2nd guess was a border "?" setting, yet after thorough search with notepad I found that all the border settings that could affect that area are set to "0"

My 3rd guess was that it's a the thickness of a table which contains that portion of the web site, yet after analyzing it with dreamweaver, I fail to see it being shown, in fact it is transparent.

My 4th guess was that this is a CSS issue and someone on #css irc channel suggested that this is a "image wrap" issue. I'm an amateur to CSS, so before messing up my code I decided to post here. By the way this is what the result for "wrap" on my template_css.css file gave ( just for info):

ul#mainlevel-nav li
    white-space: nowrap;

.contentheading {
    white-space: nowrap;

FILES:

If needed I will attach the following files for further analysis:

header_bg.gif (image used for background area of the problem)
    index.php (front page's php file)
    template_css.css (css file for the main page)

GOAL:

catchmyDR1FT.com has a black line in the rop right corner under the date module that needs to be removed.

SCREENSHOT:

[​IMG]

d3vlabs, Jul 8, 2005 IP
  2. CompressedAir

CompressedAir Peon

Best Answers:
    Looks like you fixed it? I don't see any black line there with Firefox.

CompressedAir, Jul 8, 2005 IP
  3. d3vlabs

d3vlabs Peon

Best Answers:
    fixed indeed. was a quick css fix. will post solution if anyone needs it.

d3vlabs, Jul 8, 2005 IP