1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

image size

Discussion in 'HTML & Website Design' started by dourvas, Nov 4, 2009.

1. dourvas

dourvas Peon

Best Answers:
    its very interesting code. there r a lot of issues i am seeing for the first time. i cant understand most of it but i know it is my fault because i have very pure knowlege of css. i am waing for the section-by-section breakdown u mentioned for the code choices u ve made.....

and something else.

i need to study css but from where?? is there a good guide on the net??? any proposals???

Last edited: Nov 16, 2009
    dourvas, Nov 16, 2009 IP
  2. Stomme poes

Stomme poes Peon

Best Answers:
    I got my initial handle on CSS from two books, then later teh innerwebz:

Build Your Own Web Site the Right Way Using HTML and CSS
    by Ian Lloyd.

First edition is old enough to find in an Engrish-language library; if you're in Greece you'd likely need to order it from somewhere (but you can still certainly get it used for cheaper price). The second edition just came out. I had the first.

Second book, HTML Utopia: Designing Without Tables Using CSS
    by Rachel Andrew and Dan Shafer.

First half of the book is similar to the first book as far as, it's somewhat of an intro to both HTML and CSS.
    But the second half of the book shows how to take some HTML code, and a design, and use CSS to make that HTML look like that design.
    Also not a very new book, but maybe not as popular out there.

Once you've gone through those, you have a nice basis of CSS and HTML where you can learn more from the Internet. I find it good to have a book on hand.

HTMLdog.com is a good site.
    A List Apart has many decent articles in it, often where they explain a CSS technique. Not every article is gold, but in general it's a decent site.

Avoid w3schools.com. Yes a lot of people around here recommend that site. No, it has nothing to do with the W3C and as I understand it, the two guys who started that site are gone? and many errors in the CSS section haven't been fixed (for instance the page on the clip property, to name one).

Stomme poes, Nov 16, 2009 IP