1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Image Problems

Discussion in 'HTML & Website Design' started by Jordan Roper, May 20, 2015.

Hi there,

I'm not sure if this is the best place to post this issue, but I'm having problems with the images that are on my website - none of them seem to be appearing? I've had a look at the path and it's all correct so I'm not sure what the issue is.

If someone could have a look at it and let me know the problem and how to solve it, I would really appreciate it.

The site is - www.facialzonepreston.co.uk

Look forward to hearing back.

Thanks,

Jordan

Jordan Roper, May 20, 2015 IP
  2. deathshadow

deathshadow Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    Looks like there are images from here, did you already fix that issue? Is the problem unique to a specific browser?

Though that page is an accessibility nightmare with the illegible colour contrasts (white on light green, light grey on white), goofy hard to read webfonts, blurry illegible link buttons, broken attempt at responsive layout...

The codebase is no winner either with the bloated static style (both tags and attributes) and jquerytardery in the markup, lack of logical document structure, and the typical laundry list of "how not to build a website" that comes from letting turdpress crap out a website any-old-way.

If that were a client's site, I'd be telling them to pitch it in the trash and start over from scratch as it's just insane for THAT to be wasting over 2 megabytes in 66 files when all you have for actual content are a few slider images and 4k of plaintext; the 900k of CSS in 23 files (HOLY HANNAH?!?) and 717k in 19 files of scripttardery being developer ineptitude of the highest order -- particularly for a page that from what I'm seeing probably shouldn't be breaking 256k in less than a dozen files TOTAL. Even the markup at the ridiculous 76k is six to eight times as much code as necessary.

Though again what can one expect from abusing a blogging system barely suitable grandma into being a website for a business.

Images not loading would be the LEAST of your worries when every search engine out there is going to pimp-slap you for slow pageloads and nobody is going to wait for the page to finish loading before they bounce. Hence the 26 seconds it took to load here.

deathshadow, May 20, 2015 IP
  3. arpit13

arpit13 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Can this be an htaccess or chmod issue?
    Check them. Without access to them, they might not work.

arpit13, May 22, 2015 IP