1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

I'm unable to identify the problem with my emails

Discussion in 'Site & Server Administration' started by f0rtem, Sep 2, 2022.

Hello,

I am attempting to set up my server on Cloudflare, and I am aware that it does not serve mail. So I disabled Proxied DNS in Cloudflare for my mail and installed Let's Encrypt SSL on the server side for my mail.

Also, my hosting provider automatically blocks port 25, so I wondered if that could be the problem.

There are my plesk DNS records:
    pleskdns.png
    Cloudflare DNS:
    cloudflaredns.png

OS version
    Ubuntu 22.04
    Plesk version
    Plesk Obsidian 18.0.44
    Additionally, there are my firewall policies:
    1662116214591.png

Mail Server Settings:

[​IMG]

Mail queue info:
    mailqueue.png

I'm new to running websites and am unable to determine the cause of my mail problems. I'm hoping someone will be kind enough to help me.

It only permits sending emails to addresses that are hosted on the same server.

Last edited: Sep 2, 2022
    f0rtem, Sep 2, 2022 IP
  2. JEET

JEET Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Try using port 587 for smtp. Also what specific problem are you facing? People are not receiving your emails, or the server itself is refusing to send?

JEET, Sep 2, 2022 IP
  3. f0rtem

f0rtem Peon

Best Answers:
    My mails are receiving messages from everyone but when It comes to sending messages, they do not get delivered.

I currently have 465 and 587 ports open on my firewall. According to mxtoolbox.com, everything appears to be in order on the DNS side and my IP is not on any blacklists.

I have tried using an SMTP test tool to send email to my gmail address and when using port 587 it says that message has been sent but It simply does not arrive.

Although emails between server mails arrive successfully.

f0rtem, Sep 3, 2022 IP
  4. seomanualsubmission

seomanualsubmission Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I was facing same issue with my client website. I hosted his website on Plesk server. He was receiving all emails but when he was sending mail then either its bounce or not delivered.
    I think you should contact once your hosting provider they will add some additional record in DNS setting and all things will be normal. I contacted for my issue and got very quick solution.

seomanualsubmission, Sep 3, 2022 IP
  5. JEET

JEET Notable Member

Best Answers:
    @f0rtem

You have to make RDNS records and SPF records.

You will also need to make DKIM records, then sign email with digital signature given by your host panel.
    This step can sometimes be done by the mail server itself, but generally, you will have to do this yourself when sending emails from your server.
    Its a long private key which is used to encrypt your message headers, then attach the additional header to the headers itself.
    A second public key is given to add as TXT record in your DNS records.

Do it yourself, or let mail provider handle it, in any case, this record also needs to be made in your DNS records.

SPF and DKIM are txt records, easy to make. Google them, and you will get the required format to make them.

Without these, gmail is not accepting incoming emails from non-google servers.
    This is why your emails are not getting received by gmail.

JEET, Sep 12, 2022 IP