1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

I'm trying to Master SEO for Wordpress Blog Posts

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by Noitartst, Apr 23, 2016.

Howdy--I'm trying to figure out how to use SEO alone to register for longtail keywords. I used this recipe for this video here.

Basically, I'm currently trying to learn how to rank first page on longtail keyword searches for blog posts from noitartst.com. Here's the first post I tried to SEO effectively for the phrase, "Solo shot first."

I "pinged" it on Pingler, but it's not showing up, yet. I'm trying to master SEO, for blog posts, and can then proceed to social media, but I need to understand how to do it effectively.

There doesn't seem much competition for the phrase in question, but still don't seem well ranked.

Why? Oh, and I'm using SEO Yoast, by the way. And, I couldn't seem to include Images, effectively.

Basically, what do I need to learn to master SEOing blog posts for Wordpress? I'm trying to figure out how; Keyword Planner seems kinda erratic, but I think I'm learning how to use it. What am I doing wrong?

Noitartst, Apr 23, 2016 IP
  2. zakariakhan

zakariakhan Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Yes Seo Yeast is good for wordpress. If you would like to do image optimization then you will follow image optimization rules for search engine.As like alt tag setting and title of your image.Also you should practice copyright for image.

zakariakhan, Apr 25, 2016 IP
  3. Syed Mahmud

Syed Mahmud Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    As you are trying to learn how to rank first page, I think you know the rules of on-page optimization. If you follow the rules your 80% work will be done. Then you go for off-page to achieve rest 20%. Wish you good luck.

Syed Mahmud, Apr 25, 2016 IP
  4. Noitartst

Noitartst Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Well, I'don't understand the rules, or don't seem to be applying them, effectively; I wish to master them, then move on to combine SEO with using social media.

"Solo shot first" on Google doesn't show my post on the first page, for instance.

I'm doing wrong, somewhere.

Noitartst, Apr 25, 2016 IP
  5. Pillai.G

Pillai.G Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Articles:
    Just search for Google for "on-page SEO checklist". Just follow the checklist and make sure you have done every single elements indicated. You need to be consistent and persistent in getting results!

Pillai.G, Apr 27, 2016 IP
  6. Noitartst

Best Answers:
    Well, that doesn't quite reassure. After I did all the stuff I was supposed to, namely find a long-tail keyword, use it, and go through the checklist, I didn't by way of the process rank high on Google for the keywords I focused on. Specifically, I want to know, what did I do wrong?

I don't rank high for "Solo shot first," and am trying to figure out why.

Why?

Last edited: Apr 27, 2016
    Noitartst, Apr 27, 2016 IP
  7. Akansha Shukla

Akansha Shukla Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I'm using Godaddy Search engine visibility that guides me every step and works for me. Yes,Yoast is very good plugin but free plugin provides you very basic and limited features. If you want to go with yoast , try premium yoast plugin.

Akansha Shukla, Apr 28, 2016 IP
  8. KylieSweet

KylieSweet Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Why do you want to rank this "Solo shot first" phrase? Is it pertaining to your blog post? Or solely for keyword targeting?

KylieSweet, Apr 28, 2016 IP
  9. Nigel Lew

Nigel Lew Notable Member

Best Answers:
    I suspect your logic is a tad flawed here in terms of the big picture but one thing I note is that solo shot first is not a low hanging fruit sorta long tail keyword. Its firmly rooted in American culture. That phrase is frankly pretty brutal to rank for. The first 10 pages of google are crazy relevant and range from wikipedia to even thehill, gizmodo, rolling stone and so on.

If I find a few minutes I am happy to point you in the right direction but I am tad swamped right this sec.

N.

Nigel Lew, Apr 30, 2016 IP
  10. Noitartst

Best Answers:
    Yes--yes, it is, linked to a blog, and also, here. I'm trying to master SEO, I can go on to social promotion, of blog posts, but I am where I'm at.

Also, does Yoast allow for analysis of individual pages? I'm currently unsure of how to use my Yoast analytics, and am unsure I'm using it properly.

As for you, Nigel, I suppose that my logic is flawed; I'm trying to use longtail keywords to get ranked for Google, but have found more success ranking for YouTube; I see that I'm ranked now on the third page of YouTube for "Solo Shot First."

I you could point in the correct direction, I'd appreciate.

Noitartst, Apr 30, 2016 IP