1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

I'm super confused

Discussion in 'Support & Feedback' started by TextEngine, Oct 10, 2016.

TextEngine, Oct 10, 2016 IP
  2. wordplucker

wordplucker Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Wow, were you stoned?

Well, you probably created a thread by clicking on Post New Thread, from there you checked boxes, filled in information, and then clicked on the Create Thread button.

All in all it is pretty straightforward, and you seemed to grasp the concept at that time, so, well, I do not know what to tell you.

Go to this link and see if any bells start ringing. https://forums.digitalpoint.com/forums/link-sales.58/create-thread

wordplucker, Oct 10, 2016 IP
  3. TextEngine

TextEngine Member

Best Answers:
    I see how to create new thread but when I do "create new thread" I don't get an option to create a new selling/marketplace item. I had to purchase a premium subscription to even create a selling post.

e.g., one question I have is: why was this placed in the "link sales" category. I don't remember choosing that, nor do I see how to move it to a more appropriate category (It's not a link sales post).

i.e., I see sales posts in the "Advertising" forum. How do I move this one to that forum? Or how would I create this selling post also in that forum?

Last edited: Oct 10, 2016
  4. digitalpoint

digitalpoint Overlord of no one Staff

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    You bought premium membership March 29, 2016 right before making that thread. The thread is where you originally made it (it was never moved). The thread was created by a user with an IP in the New York/New Jersey area. In order to make a thread there, you also would have had to have gone through the trouble of verifying domain ownership. So only someone who was the owner (or who had access to) the domain could have posted it.

digitalpoint, Oct 10, 2016 IP
  5. TextEngine

TextEngine Member

Best Answers:
    Yes I posted it myself. I verified my domain.

Ok, I'm not being clear. All I'm trying to do is

1) Edit the selling price (which I think I did)
    2) Edit the original text (which I think I did)
    3) Relist it (or bump it - not sure what the difference is between the two but I think I selected "relist")

After I did this, though, I got curious. I started browsing around and realized that members had posted selling threads to other forums like the "Advertising" subforum (sorry if I'm using the wrong terminology)

So, I thought, "This product would be more appropriately placed in "Advertising" or "PPC" etc". But I don't see any option to move it. Nor do I see any option to recreate it inside a more appropriate forum.

I think part of what I'm saying is: March was 7 mos ago and I haven't been back since and I don't remember the steps I took to even do this so I need some help!

6. digitalpoint

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    There is no option to move it (not even on our end). It can be deleted, which would allow you to recreate it somewhere else if you want.

The reason marketplace threads can't be moved (even on our end) is that when you create them, you are giving a munch of information about the sale as it relates to the category you are posting it in. If one were to move it, you would end up with info about the sale that isn't relevant to the area you are moving it to as well as the inability to add info for the new category that is relevant.

digitalpoint, Oct 10, 2016 IP
  7. TextEngine

TextEngine Member

Best Answers:
    Ah ok! I got it. Thanks. Let me try that.

8. TextEngine

TextEngine Member

Best Answers:
    Ok, I visit that link above but don't see an option to delete it.

9. TextEngine

TextEngine Member

Best Answers:
    I wonder if it's because it has replies, that's why I cannot delete it?

10. TextEngine

TextEngine Member

Best Answers:
    And even if I try to create a new thread in, say, Pay Per Click, I don't get any option to add the yellow "selling" button in front.

11. Spoiltdiva

Spoiltdiva Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    I don't do drugs and hopefully the OP doesn't either. But I do have a large wine rack and will admit to posting under the influence. These wine soaked posts are not posts that I'm particularly proud of.:rolleyes:

Spoiltdiva, Oct 10, 2016 IP
  12. wordplucker

wordplucker Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I know a lot of pot smokin' IMers, some even own the CPA nets that we use, lol.

Back when I was a well practiced lush I did make more than a few posts that seemed very logical at the time. The next day I could not figure out what I meant either....

wordplucker, Oct 10, 2016 IP
  13. Smyrl

Smyrl Tomato Republic Staff

Best Answers:
    The Pay Per Click Advertising category is a discussion category, not a category for selling. All sales thread belong in the buy, sell, trade area or the Digitalpoint marketplace.

Smyrl, Oct 11, 2016 IP
    Arick unirow likes this.
  14. malky66

malky66 Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    Looks like the thread should be in the Advertising sub-forum: https://forums.digitalpoint.com/forums/advertising.90/
    Try reporting your thread and ask for it to be deleted (not sure if mods will do this but worth asking) so you can re-post it in the correct sub-forum.

malky66, Oct 11, 2016 IP
    Arick unirow likes this.
  15. TextEngine

TextEngine Member

Best Answers:
    Thanks Malky and Shannon. I can delete it and repost it myself, that's not a problem. But I don't see any option to delete it?

TextEngine, Oct 11, 2016 IP
  16. digitalpoint

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    It's deleted now.

digitalpoint, Oct 12, 2016 IP
  17. TextEngine

TextEngine Member

Best Answers:
    Ok great. And I was able to recreate it in the Advertising category. Thanks for your help!

TextEngine, Oct 13, 2016 IP