1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Feedback I'm scammed, what can I do

Discussion in 'Support & Feedback' started by kaktus13, Dec 9, 2012.

Hi guys,

I'm scammed by one user here on DP (http://forums.digitalpoint.com/member.php?u=92182). I've found thread in which he was selling one site ( time ago) , I've asked him is it sold he told me not. I've asked him to reopen thread on DP he advised me just to sent him money on PP directly.

I've sent him 1000$ and he never transferred domain to me.

Also I've tried to do chargeback on Paypal but thos a**holes rejected my charge-back and they told me it's intangible good and they can't send me money back!!!

So I'm without any money and domain. I've commented one his thread yesterday and he has nuts to report my post (insane guy)!!

Does anyone has any feedback, suggestion or any advice what can I do next?
    If it can help I can send you all our conversations from gmail and DP, I've saved all of them.

Thanks for answers

kaktus13, Dec 9, 2012 IP
  2. digitalpoint

digitalpoint Overlord of no one Staff

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    There isn't anything we can do to convince PayPal to give you your money back since we aren't even a party to the transaction. Your best option would be to call PayPal.

That being said... So what you are saying is you blindly sent a random person on the Internet $1,000 without knowing anything about them or who they are? I'm curious why you thought that would be a good idea in *any* circumstance? Why not use an escrow service to protect yourself?

digitalpoint, Dec 9, 2012 IP
  3. kaktus13

kaktus13 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Yes, I'm aware you can't help me with Paypal, I was just hoping to get some advice.

Why I've sent him money? That was ona of my first transaction in flipping world, today I would never do that thing. But what most surprised me was Paypal reaction where they actually protected seller and not me (the buyer).

Anyway, I'm truly sorry I can't leave negative feedback for this user because someone else will be cheated also. I have to say I'm not the only person that's claiming to be scammed by this same user, there are others here on DP saying bad things about this guy...

kaktus13, Dec 9, 2012 IP
  4. ryan_uk

ryan_uk Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    Yes, this guy also scammed with this site:

http://forums.digitalpoint.com/showthread.php?t=2434819 (the buyer later made some failed attempts to sell it: http://forums.digitalpoint.com/showthread.php?t=2462690). iorgus makes a lot of duplicate threads, so I don't remember which site exactly, but I enquired about one of this sites and he couldn't provide any real proof (what he provided via PM was easily manufacturable evidence). Also used black hat techniques for content (character codes instead of actual text). Sadly, I think most people are just afraid to leave negative feedback (for getting negative in return).

Ah this is the one http://forums.digitalpoint.com/showthread.php?t=2384962

Anyway, keep at it with PayPal, they might eventually cave in. Do you have a chargeback option via VISA, for example? (If you used VISA to pay into PayPal.)

ryan_uk, Dec 9, 2012 IP
  5. digitalpoint

digitalpoint Overlord of no one Staff

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    The only thing I can think of is if you made the payment with a credit card (and not PayPal funds), just do a chargeback with the credit card company.

digitalpoint, Dec 9, 2012 IP
  6. kaktus13

kaktus13 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Unfortunately that was done using Paypal funds, so I can't do chargeback using Credit Card.... Anyway, I've just wanted to open this thread so others can be aware of that guy also. I know I'll get my money eventually, this or that was :)

kaktus13, Dec 10, 2012 IP
    ryan_uk likes this.
  7. matt_62

matt_62 Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    whilst I am sorry for your loss, odds are you will never get the money back. i too have given money to people on forums and really the sooner you accept that its gone the better it is for you.

its against digital point rules to do this, but you should have done the transaction through the domain control panel -> for example, namecheap i can list a name for the price agreed to on here, and when you pay the name its instantly transferred. essentially its the same as escrow.

matt_62, Dec 10, 2012 IP
  8. intro

intro Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Now, there is a person who offered me goalstage.com for the simular price via PM, also a high reputable member of DP. I checked the site first and I found out about this thread. The person iorgus in his time offered besides goalstage.net also goalstage.com. Coincidence or? I didn't want to mention his username as it is only a guess.

intro, Feb 13, 2013 IP