1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

I'm officially boycotting Israeli products

Discussion in 'Politics & Religion' started by amanamission, Jan 6, 2009.

1. browntwn

browntwn Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    I will continue to buy products from Israel. Unlike many of you who are more interested in tearing down Israel than building up Palestine, I will also go out of my way to buy Palestinian products to try and help boost their economy. Hopefully, with a ceasefire will come better trading opportunities for the Palestinians and an end to the Hamas smuggling of weapons.

browntwn, Jan 7, 2009 IP
  2. Ohad

Ohad Guest

Best Answers:
    Great, we don't need Israel haters to buy our products. Have fun!

Ohad, Jan 7, 2009 IP
  3. Ironhide

Ironhide Peon

Best Answers:
    Only if you manage to get any product made in Palestine.

Ironhide, Jan 7, 2009 IP
  4. trocobob

trocobob Banned

Best Answers:
    here is the BOYCOTT ISRAEL COMPANY LIST depending this site :

http://www.inminds.co.uk/boycott-israel.html
    Code (markup):
    We can find some famouses companies like :
    Danone
    Coca-Cola
    Disney
    Nestle
    McDonald's
    KENTUCKY
    STARBUCS
    Marlboro
    .....ect

trocobob, Jan 7, 2009 IP
  5. earlpearl

earlpearl Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Excellent post. I agree with it. The plight of Palestinians is sad. It is significantly a function of 50 years of horrendous Palestinian leadership and the twisted response from Islamic/Arab nations...that on the one hand promoted some kind of "Arab unity" but in real life didn't do anything to help Palestinians. How sad. Gaza was once a part of Egypt. Israel would be happy to see Egypt take it over again. Egypt wants no part of it.

The Westbank was once a part of Jordan. Jordan wants no part of it. Lebanon had problems with the Palestinians who migrated there and problems with past Palestinian leadership.

Iran fuels Hamas leadership. Most of the Arab world fears Iran. Nobody has a good way to deal with that country. Unfortunately the Palestinians suffer.

earlpearl, Jan 7, 2009 IP
  6. iggysick

iggysick Guest

Best Answers:
    So, Israeli occupation of Palestinian land have nothing to do with Palestinian suffering huh? It's all because Arabs huh?
    Gaza was never part of Egypt and West Bank was never part of Jordan. Thou, both of those two contries wanted those territories but at the end they sold Palestinians for US tax payers money and that's sad.

iggysick, Jan 7, 2009 IP
  7. imad

imad Peon

Best Answers:

Jordan wants no part of West Bank to give Palestinians the ground to demand their right in having their own state, which the late king expressed when he took the decision to separate from West Bank in 1988:

imad, Jan 7, 2009 IP
  8. iggysick

iggysick Guest

Best Answers:
    I simply can't skip this nonse without commenting it...
    Guys like are always trying to imply anti-semitism or Jew hating thingy when someone crticize Israel or in this case wants to boycott Israeli economy because of war crimes in Gaza.

What's that matter? What the heck that fact have to do with boycotting Israeli goods?!? Are you implying that someone here don't want to use some products because they were invented by Jews?

What's that matter? What the heck that fact have to do with boycotting Israeli goods?!? Are you implying that someone here don't want to use some products because they were invented by Jews?

Yeah, as usual, same old "if you don't like Israeli war crimes and if you don't support them you must be anti-semite..."

iggysick, Jan 7, 2009 IP
  9. LogicFlux

LogicFlux Peon

Best Answers:
    I'll continue to use ZoneAlarm and even get a chuckle out of the fact that it's owned by a company called Check Point Software. LOL

LogicFlux, Jan 7, 2009 IP
  10. F33l1ngz

F33l1ngz Peon

Best Answers:
    Bullshit, that's his excuse. Ever heard of the term "politician"? It's comfortable to say that he wants to support them by not helping them.

F33l1ngz, Jan 7, 2009 IP
  11. dfourss

dfourss Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I cannot believe I am actually reading this statement. Have you studied ANY history at all????

Israel took the Egypt controlled Gaza strip as a result of the 1967 war
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Occupation_of_the_Gaza_Strip_by_Egypt

as for the West Bank
    "The 1948 Arab-Israeli War saw the establishment of Israel in parts of the former Mandate, while the West Bank was captured and annexed by Jordan."
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/West_Bank

dfourss, Jan 7, 2009 IP
  12. iggysick

iggysick Guest

Best Answers:
    Yes, I've studied history. Did you?
    Controling some piece of the land doesn't mean it's part of your country.
    Even your link sasy what it was: "Occupation of the Gaza Strip by Egypt". Same goes for West Bank which was occupied by Jordan.

iggysick, Jan 7, 2009 IP
  13. glitto

glitto Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Why stupidest? If some things can be done PHYSICALLY there must be some things that can be done VIRTUALLY.

glitto, Jan 7, 2009 IP
  14. Lemon116

Lemon116 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Lol you make me laugh so hard :D

Lemon116, Jan 7, 2009 IP
  15. anouar

anouar Peon

Best Answers:
    I AGREE WITH YOU DUDE

anouar, Jan 7, 2009 IP
  16. amanamission

amanamission Notable Member

Best Answers:
    No one is being quick to condemn Israel. I have been studying the history of Zionism my entire life, including three days a week of Hebrew school for over ten years.

I was very angry to learn that much of what I had been taught was hateful propaganda. All the justice of Zionism depends on the claim that the Jews were the Chosen people of God and therefore had a right to sole ownership of Israel.

I compared this with the Nazi belief that the Aryan race was the genetic future of mankind, and therefore had a right to the sole ownership of the world.

The Nazis also had "legitimate" complaints...their economy and culture was under assault by foreign elements, and the only way to restore them would be to completely wipe out anything which opposed or did not fit with the plans of the master race.

I am NOT boycotting JEWS or products made or invented by Jews. This would be beside the point. My quarrel is not with the Jewish people...but with militant Zionism, the theocratic government of Israel, and the thuggish tactics of the IDF.

The fact is, Israelis have made many positive contributions to the world. Windows and AIM are two products I won't touch with your computer attached to a 10-foot pole, so no changes necessary there, but I couldn't avoid grocery scanners if I wanted to.

So your points about microchips and whatnot notwithstanding, for the purposes of the boycott, I will be sticking to products stamped "Made in Israel." Note: I am NOT boycotting food marked Kosher, as all of my food is.

It has been a while since I've said anything nice about Israel. I am a big fan of Israeli electronic music. I've also been good friends with quite a few emigrants from there, and for that matter, my great-grandparents emigrated from there in the 1920's. Jews are constantly getting fed up with the Promised Land and quietly opting for Brooklyn instead.

Unfortunately, the Israeli military, which benefits from enormous US subsidies, tends to cause tunnel vision about the righteousness of their actions.

This is not about hating Israel. I know many would like to believe that is where I am coming from. Actually, I wish that the indigenous Palestinian people had been given the same rights as Jewish settlers.

Actually, this is about having war crimes not committed in my name.

I would like to see:

Right of Return for displaced Palestinians
    A secular constitution giving equal rights to all citizens
    Reparations for siezed/bulldozed properties (since 1948)
    A single state democracy founded on the inevitability of Arabs, Jews, and Christians living in the region forever.
    Abolition of Military Conscription...a ghastly practice which renders the entire citizenry war veterans. No wonder Israel is so hawkish.

But please don't confuse this position with hate of any people. I am against a government, and a military, which pretends to democracy, but achieves only apartheid.

Shalom Shanti Salaam

amanamission, Jan 7, 2009 IP
  17. Sapiraz

Sapiraz Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    im sorry..?!
    "inhumanity of Israel." lol..?
    this shows how stupid people can be..

I GUESS YOU FORGOT THAT FOR 8 YEARS THOSE *** PALESTINES WERE LAUNCING ROCKETS ON OUR HOUSES!
    lots of people died in israel and guess what, all of them are innocent..

so think twice before saying stupid things.:mad:

Sapiraz, Jan 7, 2009 IP
  18. shamus

shamus Active Member

Best Answers:
    So how is the boycott going? Putting up the good fight?

I learned a long time ago (and you'll eventually learn as well) that boycotting products as you've mentioned will not do ANYTHING, absolutely NOTHING to change the current state of affairs. It's a fun, rebellious gesture for the younger crowd, but in a few weeks/months, you'll see that, well, nothing is different because of your very small effort to disrupt their financial centers (trust me, not buying a pack of Israeli frankfurters for a few weeks isn't going to hurt anyone's bank account over there).

Anyway, good luck to you all!

shamus, Jan 7, 2009 IP
  19. amanamission

amanamission Notable Member

Best Answers:
    You know, they should print this on all those Tzadakah cans they're always passing around in Hebrew schools in the US. You know, according to what religious educators here tell young Jews, Israel needs every nickel of lunch money to plant orange trees so you all don't starve.

I'm glad you are all doing so well. Maybe $3 billion in US military aid took the pressure off the revenue base...I don't have any numbers on how much US "righteousness" comes your way from synagogue collection and tree drives. Not to mention Bible tourism, when there isn't a war on.

P.S., I don't eat frankfurters, I'm a vegetarian.

Edit: I guess I just realized you are also in the US, so my use of second person is inappropriate in response to your comment. I'll let it stand; you sound just like an Israeli.

amanamission, Jan 7, 2009 IP
  20. shamus

shamus Active Member

Best Answers:
    Lol - I was wondering if you would get that!

Seriously, best of luck, you've gotta do what you gotta do.

shamus, Jan 7, 2009 IP