1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

I'm Not Getting Too Many Responses On My Facebook Posts, Who can help?

Discussion in 'Facebook' started by DoubleCee, Feb 6, 2017.

I'm a musician/artist and post a lot of stuff on Facebook. Both music/art related stuff and personal stuff. Now I don't care if my personal posts gets recognition but when I make a post about something that I worked on and it doesn't garner too many responses that's where the problem lays. Same thing happens when I post my work to my pages. I use to get around 10 to 20 responses (when I say "responses" I mean likes etc.) and now I only receive around 2 to 3. This has been going on for a month and a half and it's troublesome because I looking for feedback that's good or bad, I don't know if the problem is resulting from the Facebook algorithm or something but it's something I would like to look further into. This concern is strictly out of business purposes and trying to get my product noticed.

DoubleCee, Feb 6, 2017 IP
  2. beast_8

beast_8 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Have you tried joining related groups and posting your work on there? That could help pick up some traction.

beast_8, Feb 8, 2017 IP
  3. David Jones42

David Jones42 Member

Best Answers:
    try to write catchy lines use attractive images for your post and try to spread as much as possible in fb groups.

David Jones42, Feb 8, 2017 IP
  4. dcristo

dcristo Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    Articles:
    Are you still reaching the same number of fans?

dcristo, Feb 8, 2017 IP
  5. Dana C. Beck

Dana C. Beck Active Member

Best Answers:
    There are many ways to increase likes and views to your Facebook page. But some of the basics are:
    • Keywords - what keywords are you using in the title of your post and in the copy in the body of your post. You want to make sure that these keywords are congruent with your post as well as, keywords that are popular in search results on Facebook and Google. You can find some great keywords by just simply entering one of your keywords in a Google search dialog box and you can see a lot of variations. But there are a lot of free tools that can help you with finding keywords for your posts.

• Images / videos - What images or videos are you using? Facebook doesn't like links to YouTube videos at all but if you upload your video directly to Facebook, you'll get a great deal more visibility then linking your video from YouTube.

• Consistency - If you post randomly every other day or a couple of times during the week, this can affect your views and subsequently, your likes. You should keep to a pretty scheduled time when you post to your FB page. For instance, every day at 1PM or every Monday, Wednesday, and Friday at 10PM and so on.
    Hopefully by employing some of these basics, you can improve your visibility and likes.

Dana C. Beck, Feb 9, 2017 IP
  6. Akumar9577

Akumar9577 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Try to make engaging post because most of peoples don't like promotional content

Don't make a post for your business only, make a post to engage users

Akumar9577, Feb 9, 2017 IP
  7. dcristo

Best Answers:
    Articles:
    I've received great engagement with YouTube videos. You're not going to get organic traffic from Facebook videos. Furthermore, by uploading videos to YouTube it allows you to tap into a different audience.

Last edited: Feb 9, 2017
    dcristo, Feb 9, 2017 IP
  8. Dana C. Beck

Best Answers:
    Yes I have to agree, YouTube videos have provided a lot of engagement. But in regards to videos on Facebook, I have received a lot of leads and opt ins from the videos that I uploaded to Facebook. This seems to work very well for me.

Dana C. Beck, Feb 10, 2017 IP
  9. dcristo

Best Answers:
    Articles:
    I think it depends on what you're trying to achieve with the video. I can see why FB would want to promote its own online video platform over other sites. As a result, updates with FB videos will perform better than YT videos. So you will get more exposure on FB. However, I see the disadvantages as being greater than the advantages for the reasons mentioned above, but again it depends on what you're trying to accomplish. I have a music channel and with what I am doing it makes ALOT more sense to upload the video to YouTube.

dcristo, Feb 10, 2017 IP
  10. Dana C. Beck

Best Answers:
    Good point, yeah you're right, YouTube is definitely more advantageous for music videos and any entertainment videos in general. All I was trying to accomplish with Facebook was to get leads for an affiliate program. And that seems to have worked pretty well. Good discussion though, I really appreciate your insight.

Dana C. Beck, Feb 10, 2017 IP