1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

I'm looking service like cafepress.com, but...

Discussion in 'General Business' started by odradek, Jul 7, 2006.

Maybe something "better" than it.

I would like to sell t-shirts, cups, pins and some other merchandise stuff online.

I want to make my own design, but I don't want to hassle with payments, mailings etc. stuff and if possible, I don't to pay any credit-card payments in advance for starting my online biz.

Are there any other world-wide services like cafepress.com?

I noticed that Brent "nerd punk" Simon is selling stuff here:

http://www.indiemerchstore.com/

anyone know this online-store?

If this went to wrong forum, moderator can transfer this to correct forum.

Thanks in advance for help!

odradek, Jul 7, 2006 IP
  2. jhmattern

jhmattern Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    That's an interesting link there. I just registered with them, so if I find out more if they approve me, I'll post about it. I've been gearing up to launch a new store with my indie music webzine's new design coming soon, so they might be a lot better than cafepress for that. If they work out, I may use them for my hostiledesigns domain as well... which was intended for tees and such anyway. I was considering www.printmojo.com for that project, but you pay for inventory up front. So if these are good quality, I may just go with them instead. :)

Other than that, no, I don't know of any other similar sites to cafepress that would be better or have a bigger selection. Sorry. :(

Jenn

jhmattern, Jul 8, 2006 IP
  3. odradek

odradek Peon

Best Answers:
    Hi!

Cool if link was useful to you.

My own t-shirt etc. idea isn't related to indie music etc. so I'm not sure if I could use their services.

Hmm... maybe I could modify my question, is there anyone who've got positive experiences of cafepress.com services? :)

odradek, Jul 10, 2006 IP
  4. jhmattern

jhmattern Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    I used them in the past. The shirts were ok, but they were too limiting. Because of the nature of selling merch for an indie music site, we wanted black shirt. They weren't available. They do have them now though. My only big complaint would be the hats. The patches they print to come out looking pretty awful.

Jenn

jhmattern, Jul 10, 2006 IP