1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

I'm Looking for a good hosted shopping cart solution

Discussion in 'eCommerce' started by estoreseeker, Jan 28, 2005.

Hello everyone,
    I'm curious which approach seems to work best for me.
    Actually I am newbies in field of e-commerce and internet marketing. I am a small businessman, dealing in gifts, watches, toys, and home decorative items. I have a catalog of around 700 products. I am looking for a good hosted shopping cart solution. It must facilitate;
    catalog management, online shopping cart, support for all online payment methods, customer management, sales notification information system, product inventory, easy to maintain administrative panel, professional look of website.
    I heard about hosted shopping cart solution particularly monster commerce and b2bparadise, but i am confused, i think such type of solution provides little flexibility.

thoughts? experiences? anything appreciated.
    estoreseeker

estoreseeker, Jan 28, 2005 IP
  2. nafets

nafets Peon

Best Answers:
    i'm using oscommerce ... it's good and flexible. You can try to download it for free at www.oscommerce.com . I have a step by step tutorial for it and if you want it just send me a PM or an e-mail.

nafets, Jan 29, 2005 IP
  3. carowan

carowan Peon

Best Answers:
    Hi. I have been using a yahoo store for over a year, but hesitate to recommend it as the customer service isn't great.

Barring the service issues, the price is right for an entry level ecommerce package, that doesn't require much setup. If your not a programmer, the store has an extension for dreamweaver that you can plug in to help design your site

check out ytimes.com, its a forum for yahoo store owners for more detailed info

carowan, Feb 1, 2005 IP
  4. Uno Rank

Uno Rank Active Member

Best Answers:
    I would recommend OSCommerce, not only is it open-source, but there is a large support group for OSCommerce users.

If you have a question about OSCommerce, I'm sure there will be someone available to help you.

Uno Rank, Feb 1, 2005 IP
  5. estoreseeker

estoreseeker Peon

Best Answers:
    Hi friends. I have found that there are too many sceptical views expressed over yahoo miva and others. till now I’ve considered going for b2bparadise .have seen its demo and talked to them too. Can u guys suggest me about how it is?
    Cheers
    estoreseeker

estoreseeker, Feb 3, 2005 IP
  6. Corey Bryant

Corey Bryant Texan at Heart

Best Answers:
    Are you searching for a PHP or ASP solution?

Corey Bryant, Feb 3, 2005 IP
  7. fabulas

fabulas Peon

Best Answers:
    halo e store seeker
    i always recommend using the b2bparadise option because it is secured and because there are more choices and options available there than any other cart, so you are guaranteed of getting support and custom work at a reasonable price. Me and some of my friends are already using it. It took us about 2 months to get everything setup and going. B2bparadise works just fine for us since we do not have any budget for developer.
    yours fab.

fabulas, Feb 8, 2005 IP
  8. estoreseeker

estoreseeker Peon

Best Answers:
    hello again,
    first of all i wanted to know from dear Bryant...that would it affect differently in some way or the other if i'm searching for a php or asp solution. actually i'm a bit confused in some aspects as its all very new for me.plz help understand. and i'm getting enough praise for b2bparadise. are there some other existing users who could help me with their views about it and if they have any idea about the solutions provided by b2bparadise.
    ...thanks in advance..friends
    estoreseeker

estoreseeker, Feb 9, 2005 IP
  9. Mia

Mia R.I.P. STEVE JOBS

Best Answers:
    I think he as asking about php vs asp to see if you had a preference. If you are asking the question, then it likely does not matter. Lets say you had already had your site/store built and were using ASP, it might make sense to go with an existing ASP solution vs. php. And visa versa. In any event if you are starting from scratch it is not going to make much difference. There are numerous reasons to choose one or the other, but ultimately a lot of times it comes down to personal preference.

I like php myself. If you plan to build/manage your store yourself, oscommerce which was mentioned is a wonderful solution and free. Just get a hosting account somewhere and install it, customize it, etc., and away you go. On the other end you might also consider eShox which is quite similar to oscommerce, though it is a commercial product, a bit easier to use (if you are not familiar with with php/command line, etc.) in many areas. For more information you can take a look at: http://hostdrive.com/eshox

As to b2b, I have no idea other than to say it looks quite promissing, though a limit of 100 products, and extra charges to add products seems like it could add up quick. We have no limit on the number of products, outside of HD space that a hosting plan provides. Of course there is always a super duper discount for DP users.

Good luck in whatever you decide.

Mia, Feb 9, 2005 IP
  10. emanresu

emanresu Peon

Best Answers:
    Smorty.com seem to provide the same functions as b2bparadise but are free untill you seel and they take a 1% commission of your sales, I set up a store with them recently and I'm very happy. b2bparadise seem quite professional though, don't know about the cart first hand.

emanresu, Jan 8, 2006 IP
  11. Mia

Mia R.I.P. STEVE JOBS

Best Answers:
    Man this is an old thread. I like seeing stuff I posted from a year ago though. It is kinda cool to re-read and see if my opinion changed, or if I am doing something different now. Looks like in this case we are still using http://hostdrive.com/eshox and signing people up more than ever. The latest sites we brought on line contain three stores each with over 400,000 products in them. The sites previously ran on a WS4D based system which they outlived.

Anyway, in the end you always use what works best for you. Until this thread is revived again same time next year - bye for now ;)

Mia, Jan 9, 2006 IP
  12. Jntuhub Kartheek

Jntuhub Kartheek Active Member

Best Answers:
    if u ask a Questions like this in forums, simply & finally you will be more confused than before.

Because of each one suggest the best things they believe . finally we will get all available names .

Try open source first which is best & easy for you.. then pay for hosted solutions :)

Jntuhub Kartheek, Aug 8, 2013 IP
  13. Mia

Mia R.I.P. STEVE JOBS

Best Answers:
    I think my previous post from 2006 says it all... There should really be a litmus test for Internet usage.

Mia, Aug 8, 2013 IP
  14. Nigel Lew

Nigel Lew Notable Member

Best Answers:
    First off, oscommerce is a huge pile of shit.

2nd... they are asking for a hosted solution. I would likely go with these folks http://www.bigcommerce.com/

its probably your best option.
    Nigel

Nigel Lew, Aug 8, 2013 IP
  15. Mia

Mia R.I.P. STEVE JOBS

Best Answers:
    3rd... this thread is almost as old as my first born.

Mia, Aug 8, 2013 IP
  16. Nigel Lew

Nigel Lew Notable Member

Best Answers:
    ehcck, I hate when I fall for that lol..
    N.

Nigel Lew, Aug 8, 2013 IP
  17. Jntuhub Kartheek

Jntuhub Kartheek Active Member

Best Answers:
    over internet OLD or NEW , user who search & come to this thread good information is required,

so any one who wants to know abt the same thing , it will be helpful to them.. not for an tread starter

Jntuhub Kartheek, Aug 8, 2013 IP