1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

I'm Legitimate and Google Banned my Adsense Account- What should I do?

Discussion in 'Guidelines / Compliance' started by allthewhile, Jan 23, 2006.

1. TommyD

TommyD Peon

Best Answers:
    FYI: I still see ads on some of the sites.
    SEMrush
    tom

UPDATE: Now the boxes are blank; so, scratch my fyi.

tom

TommyD, Feb 5, 2006 IP
    SEMrush
  2. Sharpseo

Sharpseo Peon

Best Answers:
    allthewhile - you seem like you legitimately aren't aware of any fraud going on. However, the most likely situation is that someone in your group was clicking on the ads.

My advice (since you weren't making much money on advertising anyways) is to work on building your blog network, increasing traffic, etc. Once the traffic is there, you can monetize it. Some of your blogs look like they have potential. YPN, CJ, Clicksor, Clickbank, there are lots of ways to make money off a website.

Sharpseo, Feb 5, 2006 IP
  3. mcfox

mcfox Wind Maker

Best Answers:
    There was no attempt at fraud on your part, maybe, but I'd bet one of your group was responsible for the sudden surge of 60 clicks that came out of the blue. It would have registered in the filtering as click-fraud and then been reviewed, at which point the decision was taken to disable the adsense account.

Put it this way, if it was me making the decision about whether to zap your account or not and I witnessed a pattern of 60+ inexplicable clicks and another click or two being logged as self-generated, I would take the decision to disable the account. It may be a big deal for you but it's only a button or a checkbox for me, the decision taker, who will always err on the side of caution rather than allow click-fraud to occur.

Find other ways of generating an income, using the means outlined above. It's all you can do at this stage.

mcfox, Feb 6, 2006 IP
  4. 2WIRE

2WIRE Guest

Best Answers:
    2WIRE, Feb 6, 2006 IP
  5. yfs1

yfs1 User Title Not Found

Best Answers:
    To me the problem starts and stops with having so many people with a vested interest involved. You are always asking for trouble with any "network" where AdSense is the primary means of income.

You have no control over a single site scenerio where you know everything that is going on

yfs1, Feb 6, 2006 IP
  6. allthewhile

allthewhile Peon

Best Answers:
    I believe this is reference to a site that sells or promotes a specific alcohol related product. There is a similar ban on prescription drugs. You may have a site that discusses prescription drugs, but you can't have a site that "sells" prescription drugs.

http://www.medicalinformaticsinsider.com/

For exmaple.

allthewhile, Feb 6, 2006 IP
  7. devin

devin Guest

Best Answers:
    like sex. a sex education site is okay. not one that offers ... um ... services.

devin, Feb 6, 2006 IP
  8. allthewhile

allthewhile Peon

Best Answers:
    Just a thought guys. I have my own personal adsense account that I have running on my personal blog. Would it be a bad idea to put ads from that account on our other sites? Will that account get banned? Just a thought.

allthewhile, Feb 7, 2006 IP
  9. mcfox

mcfox Wind Maker

Best Answers:
    If it were me I wouldn't. You risk exactly the same thing happening PLUS the website is already flagged against a banned account.

mcfox, Feb 7, 2006 IP
  10. TommyD

TommyD Peon

Best Answers:
    Wait a minute, you still haven't address your original problem, you did something to get banned.

You question is like a coke addict getting arrested and asking if using heroin is ok. It's still illegal.

Clear why many people get fired up from 'banned' threads, especially if they use G's AW for advertising. :(

tom

TommyD, Feb 7, 2006 IP
  11. allthewhile

allthewhile Peon

Best Answers:
    It was just a thought. Noticem "just a thought". I've read other threads on here where people suggest that doing something similar is okay, just not sure how exactly the ban works considering they don't exactly release that information.

But yeah google adsense is like crack.

allthewhile, Feb 7, 2006 IP
  12. TommyD

TommyD Peon

Best Answers:
    Just can't brack the click habit, oops mean crack habit.

:p

TommyD, Feb 7, 2006 IP
  13. NeilFerg

NeilFerg Peon

Best Answers:
    This is quite often sabotage from a competitor Google are to trigger happy in regard to this problem and I think they should review there policy, Don’t worry if you get banned from Google adsense there are plenty of alternatives (some with low $10.00 Paypal payouts) This works both ways I found a chart that supplies free advertising promotional codes they all work in the same way as Adsense and these same companies also offer publisher income in the form of content related adds much similar to the Adsense ones. I tried them all (for the free Adverts) and they all above board, here's the Link http://www.pageoptimiser.com/Targeted_Traffic it’s really useful for both publishers and advertisers.

NeilFerg, Dec 11, 2007 IP
  14. BestUserOf2008

BestUserOf2008 Peon

Best Answers:
    He bro i have seen ur site and i got that the google adsense ad code have been edited and it's against the google Adsense TOS.

i think it might be the reason.

BestUserOf2008, Jul 24, 2009 IP
  15. ugmart uganda

ugmart uganda Peon

Best Answers:
    It is possible for a person to genuinly click an ad on his own website. I got banned myself but i am a businesss man and some times i see ads that could be benefitial to me. Do i not then become like any other surfer on te internet who should enjoy this resource? Google banned my ads and i put links sponsored by some people who wanted their business advertised. May be you could do the same . see them here http://www.ugmart.ug

ugmart uganda, Mar 22, 2010 IP
  16. nowimhere

nowimhere Active Member

Best Answers:
    I agree, although I do not have this experience,
    this seems very likely.

nowimhere, Mar 22, 2010 IP
  17. shmily5660

shmily5660 Peon

Best Answers:
    shmily5660, Mar 28, 2010 IP