1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

I'm Legitimate and Google Banned my Adsense Account- What should I do?

Discussion in 'Guidelines / Compliance' started by allthewhile, Jan 23, 2006.

Hey,

I'm working with a group of people to create a legitimate blog network. No link farms, no click farming, nothing. Today we got our adsense account banned. We have NO clue why this has happened as we have tried very hard to comply with adsense TOS.

Here is a list of some of our sites:

http://www.bigwhitedress.com
    http://www.prankaday.com
    http;//www.crazy8opinions.com
    http://www.drunkenbender.com
    http://www.homedangers.com
    http://www.wrestlingwrant.com
    http://www.musclecarshowcalendar.com
    http://www.angryken.com
    http://www.tattalk.com

As you can see we were trying to build a legitimate ring of blog content. We weren't making hardly any money, but we were trying to publish good stuff, not spam.

The adsense code we've used is generated completely within adsense control panel. None of us or the authors have clicked on links or encouraged others to do so.

What did we do wrong?!?!?!
    What do we do now?

allthewhile, Jan 23, 2006 IP
  2. fryman

fryman Kiss my rep

Best Answers:
    Read one of the 1000 threads posted about this?

fryman, Jan 23, 2006 IP
    lorien1973 likes this.
  3. allthewhile

allthewhile Peon

Best Answers:
    I was hoping to get some insight as to what we might have done wrong. That's why I posted my sites, I guess I wasn't explicit enough.

I do know how to use the search function.

4. lorien1973

lorien1973 Notable Member

Best Answers:
    the above listed site still show ads? If they were banned, ads would be gone?

lorien1973, Jan 23, 2006 IP
  5. Sharpseo

Sharpseo Peon

Best Answers:
    How many authors do you have, and how can you say for sure that none have clicked on their own ads?

I'm not saying that YOU cheated, but with that many people essentially sharing the same Adsense account, it's definitely possible that one or more clicked on their own ads.

Sharpseo, Jan 23, 2006 IP
  6. aeiouy

aeiouy Peon

Best Answers:
    I can't possibly take the time to look at all those sites, so I have opted to not look at any of them. How were you doing ads? Was everybody running their own adsense, or were you sharing adsense with one account on all the pages?

With such an endeavor, it would be difficult, I imagine, to keep people from clicking on ads themselves. Unless you knew all them personally and knew them all to be right-thinking and mature, I just think you took a big risk if you just had one adsense account and put ads up on 9 different blogs written by 9 different people who you probably did not really know.

Of course it could be something else entirely. I am just not sure why you would use a single adsense account for all of those sites unless you owned them all and managed them all.

aeiouy, Jan 23, 2006 IP
    Friend likes this.
  7. DomainMagnate

DomainMagnate Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    sites look good to me, so I have no idea, but hope someone else can be smarter and explain this ;)

Anyway the best thing is such cases is to email google and ask "why"

good luck :)

DomainMagnate, Jan 23, 2006 IP
  8. allthewhile

allthewhile Peon

Best Answers:
    Yeah I wondered why the sites would still show advertising. However, I can not log into the account and also recieved the dreaded, "your account has been suspended due to invalid clicks".

We have a bunch of authors. Of course someone could have done it but they all claim they didn't.

They sites are all owned by one person. It's a feeble attempt at a blog network; we're still trying to get it up and off the ground.

9. lorien1973

Best Answers:
    So they all claim they didn't? Sounds like someone is lying here. To me at least.

10. allthewhile

allthewhile Peon

Best Answers:
    The funny part is we have hardly any clicks. I think we were at 6cents today or something embarrassing. We're making almost no money daily. Not even enough for it to be worthwhile at this point.

11. aeiouy

aeiouy Peon

Best Answers:
    Here is the problem.. There is one owner.. There are a bunch of writers.. I suspect revenue sharing was discussed. So perhaps one of them did not click on their own ads, they just went to another one of the sites and clicked on those ads.. In fact probably more than 1 did it. If it was not clearly explained to everyone in advance in very specific and clear terms, it is highly likely this is what happened. The fact that you are posting here asking about it makes me believe it was not clearly spelled out up front.

aeiouy, Jan 23, 2006 IP
  12. allthewhile

allthewhile Peon

Best Answers:
    No no, we clearly explained it. But I'm guessing that's the only thing it could be. The eventual goal is to share the money, but everyone knows that there's no money in this during the short term.

We had at least 2 meeting where we went over adsense TOS, had an outline and everything. We're amateurs for sure, but we've been fairly well planned out. We're a group of friends since back in the day. I don't know, maybe someone did.

I guess we'll wait for google's reply :(

13. lorien1973

Best Answers:
    That probably makes it worse in google's eyes. Lets say you have 3 clicks. All 3 came from the same person or IP address. Google should and would cut that account off pretty quick.

14. bceagle

bceagle Guest

Best Answers:
    I would suggest contacting Google, and explain your situation, then see if it is possible to start up a new Adsense account. And, keep the authors down to a single person. The other authors can start up their own Adsense, and if one of them clicks on their own ads, then only one gets suspended.

bceagle, Jan 23, 2006 IP
  15. Brons

Brons Peon

Best Answers:
    Did multiple people have access to the account? If everyone did someone might have clicked on an ad after having logged in. And that would be bad.

Brons, Jan 23, 2006 IP
  16. rjbudke

rjbudke Peon

Best Answers:
    Hey guys, I'm Allthewhile's "partner in crime" in this situation. Has anyone else had this happen and gotten their account reinstated? Is that even a possibility? If not, are we allowed to put new code from a new account on the same sites, or are the sites themselves banned? No one with access to the AdSense account has clicked on any of the ads, just verified that.

We did have one of our writers click on ad, but it was yesterday, and was on a different one of our sites. Wasn't anything "deceitful", just an ad that honestly piqued their interest.

rjbudke, Jan 23, 2006 IP
  17. pozer

pozer Active Member

Best Answers:
    It is possible that some of your visitors clicked a lot of times on ads, I've heared people get banned for that

pozer, Jan 23, 2006 IP
  18. bceagle

bceagle Guest

Best Answers:
    Even honestly clicking on ad because it "piqued their interest" would be an invalid click, and cause for suspension. I can understand the natural curiousity your authors might have, especially since they are probably interested in the subject matter of the ad, and how it relates to your websites. A safer way to view the ad, is to simply type in the URL of the ad in the address bar. The URL is displayed on some Adsense ads.

Also, as I suggested earlier, write to Google, and explain what has happenned. I have written Google Adsense before on another issure I had, and I did get personal response back.

bceagle, Jan 23, 2006 IP
  19. rjbudke

rjbudke Peon

Best Answers:
    Yea, I wrote them at your suggestion and haven't heard anything back from them, yet. I agree about the writer clicking on the ad, and just sent out an email to all of our people that they should copy the link and delete the "google" code before it and paste it in the address bar. However, and again, I totally agree that it was wrong, how was Google able to detect that this user was a writer? She never ever logged into Adsense, so her ip would not be logged at Google.

We did have an insane click-through rate on one of our sites a couple of weeks ago (65 hits, something like 72 clicks on ads, don't know how that's even possible). I wrote Google at the time to warn them what was going on, (never heard anything back), is it possible that this is because of that issue? Is there that much of a delay between the "violation" and the ban?

As always guys, thanks for your time beforehand. I've been a lurker on here for quite some time, and your advice is priceless. In this incident particularly, you guys are keeping me from going insane.

rjbudke, Jan 23, 2006 IP
  20. bceagle

bceagle Guest

Best Answers:
    Just be careful when you go to copy the URL, and do not accidently click on it - it's easy to do.
    When I first started with Adsense, I clicked on the ad, because I thought it looked supicious. I was wondering if the ad really delivered what it said it did. I suspected it did not, because I had seen this site before, so I clicked on it, just to see if I was right. Sure enough, the site did not have the product it was advertising.
    So I write Google, and complain, that I do not like carrying ads that do not deliver what they say they do. Google wrote back, thanking me for admitting I clicked on the ad, then giving me a mild lecture on never doing it again. It then went on to say, I can make sure certain advertisers to not put ads on my Adsense account. I realized later, it was a close call, and I probably almost got banned myself. But I learnt my lesson, and have never clicked on an ad since, no matter how curious I am about it.

I hope you post the reply you get from Google here, as it will probably educate all of us.

cheers

bceagle, Jan 23, 2006 IP