1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

I'm going to fucking slaughter my host

Discussion in 'General Business' started by Taylor Hewitt, Aug 10, 2007.

1. SantinoJunior

SantinoJunior Banned

Best Answers:
    lol, What a joker

SantinoJunior, Aug 15, 2007 IP
  2. Taylor Hewitt

Taylor Hewitt Peon

Best Answers:
    I'm a regular Jerry Seinfeld.

Anyways my site apparently is within a few minutes from being up.. I'll keep you guys posted. :)

Taylor Hewitt, Aug 15, 2007 IP
  3. Ernster

Ernster Peon

Best Answers:
    I think we have all had some bad experience with free hosting. NEVER ever, use a free host, there are plenty of affordable hosts like bluehost.com for example. Even if your problem is fixed, just go buy some hosting instead.

Ernster, Aug 15, 2007 IP
  4. Taylor Hewitt

Taylor Hewitt Peon

Best Answers:
    Well I tried to get support directly today and I found out the host is VampHost. They are the biggest idiots in the entire world. They are literally monkeys... nobody has ever frustrated me as much as these bastards. They literally tell you the same thing every time and are so unprofessional you wouldn't even believe. It's been like 2 days now since they've been looking for the database. That is unbelievable... and when I told a NEW guy the problem he advised that I change my password.

I mean I got into the cpanel finally yesterday and the bloody database was missing. How the hell did that happen? They supposedly make daily backups but obviously they are having a bit of a problem finding it.

And the he just started flat out ignoring me. It blew my mind away how idiotic these poor losers are. Not to mention no manners and completely rude. I would definitely advise against hosting with them. WORST CUSTOMER SUPPORT EVER.

I've been trying to move everything over to a new host. With the help of a friend I managed to afford something decent... so I went with NameCheap. It's almost been like 8 hours now and my account is still not set up.

I've never been this frustrated in a looong time... way to disrupt my life... 3 shit hosts in a row... not to mention their site is down now...

Taylor Hewitt, Aug 15, 2007 IP
  5. newprogramer69

newprogramer69 Active Member

Best Answers:
    the only site i use for 1and1 are my MFA sites.
    try godaddy

newprogramer69, Aug 15, 2007 IP
  6. Fahd

Fahd Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Sorry but you get what you pay for or in this case you didn't get something you didn't pay for.

Fahd, Aug 16, 2007 IP
  7. syedwasi87

syedwasi87 Active Member

Best Answers:
    did you try bluehost?

i also heard they have good support and at around 6.95 they aint much bad at all..

syedwasi87, Aug 16, 2007 IP
  8. Taylor Hewitt

Taylor Hewitt Peon

Best Answers:
    Thanks for your wonderful contribution.

Taylor Hewitt, Aug 16, 2007 IP
  9. gamerzcity

gamerzcity Peon

Best Answers:
    i realy feel for you. been there myself with an host and i know the feeling

gamerzcity, Aug 16, 2007 IP
  10. pbruessow@msn.com

pbruessow@msn.com Active Member

Best Answers:
    Good Luck Taylor and I feel for you! I had a good job as an engineer for an automotive supplier when they lost a major customer. I was laid off for 2.5 months and I finally got a better engineering job after my layoff with an aerospace outfit (it was getting pretty scary the last couple of weeks before my new job). During my layoff I started looking on the net for money making opportunities and started a couple of websites. Not pulling in very much income yet from affiliates and adsense, but my traffic and sales is slowly getting better. Glad I found another job!

Anyways give these guys a look:

http://www.zzhosting.com/index.html

I've been using them for 3 months with good reliability! I 1st started with the single plan for 3.90 a month then upgraded to the multiplan.

Pretty inexpensive, but you need to give 'em a day or so to get your domain name transferred. They are not speedy to respond to e-mails, but their server uptime has been very good.

I really wish you the best!;)

pbruessow@msn.com, Aug 16, 2007 IP
  11. Sem-Advance

Sem-Advance Notable Member

Best Answers:
    I didn't recommend hostgator for nothing. :D

Sem-Advance, Aug 16, 2007 IP
  12. InfoProducts

InfoProducts Peon

Best Answers:
    I hate to hear that happened to you, but I would never count on a free host or really many of these cheap non-est ones either, if its gonna be a business then you have to treat it like one, get a cheap hostgator or dreamhost account if nothing else, was it worth the stress?

InfoProducts, Aug 16, 2007 IP
  13. Taylor Hewitt

Taylor Hewitt Peon

Best Answers:
    Alright sorry I had work so I couldn't post this but Xi was restored this morning at around 10 or 11 eastern standard time. :)

http://www.xtremeitalk.com see for yourselves! And hey... why not join and post a bit haha. With all I've been through I think I deserve a little shameless advertising. =)

NameCheap had a few bumps in store for me but they are brand new to hosting so that is to be expected. The speed is alright and it was really the move itself went completely without a problem. :)

Taylor Hewitt, Aug 16, 2007 IP