1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

I'm going to fucking slaughter my host

Discussion in 'General Business' started by Taylor Hewitt, Aug 10, 2007.

1. Waffleguy

Waffleguy Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    110mb.com is my free host and they have been great. They don't even put banners on your site.

Waffleguy, Aug 13, 2007 IP
  2. cpucandy

cpucandy Peon

Best Answers:
    I do have to defend him because when I initially saw this thread I offered him some free space under my host gator reseller account and he didn't want to take it because of issues he had with free hosting.

Just my thoughts.

cpucandy, Aug 13, 2007 IP
  3. paidhosting

paidhosting Peon

Best Answers:
    Do u know the hosts address, and have an AXE on you ? You might need that to slaughter your host :) .

Pssss. if you need hosting send me details of what sort of site you host maybe my small time hosting might help you out. Only been around for 2 years though.

paidhosting, Aug 13, 2007 IP
  4. Taylor Hewitt

Taylor Hewitt Peon

Best Answers:
    NameCheap has released a new hosting operation. I might try that out if I can conjure up a few extra dollars. I really don't think a free host is a good idea.

My host told me it would be up this morning for sure, and if not ,then 110% today. Now it's tomorrow. Super duper.

God I'm going crazy...

Taylor Hewitt, Aug 13, 2007 IP
    sundaybrew likes this.
  5. sundaybrew

sundaybrew Numerati

Best Answers:
    Your site is still down?

sundaybrew, Aug 13, 2007 IP
  6. codem

codem Peon

Best Answers:
    i had a worse experience...

i had been using a particular hosting company for about 4 years, but lately they have been deleting my accounts... when i tried to get a reply on whats happining to those accounts, they told me that i diddnt renew.... the thing is that i am absolutely sure that i did not receive any emails for renewal, they just deleted about 7 of my websites, and i had no recent backup of them! it was a nightmare believe me

codem, Aug 14, 2007 IP
  7. Taylor Hewitt

Taylor Hewitt Peon

Best Answers:
    LOL It's not a competition codem.

Anyways yes sundaybrew my sites are all down. The ****er told me they would be up 110% yesterday and here we are the next day.... I am so angry you have no idea...

Taylor Hewitt, Aug 14, 2007 IP
  8. lpstong

lpstong Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Tsk, Tsk on the swear word. But again like the majority in the thread understands.

Bravenet provides free hosting I do believe or some kind of website thing. I have a free blog with them and the free hosting is in the Cpanel. I just never used it becase I have my own server which I pay $9 a month unmetered and unlimited domains on it. Found them on Ebay over a year ago. So its my personal server.

lpstong, Aug 14, 2007 IP
  9. Sem-Advance

Sem-Advance Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Just for your information there is no such thing as un-metered hosting.

It's a sales tactic. ;)

Run a few proxy sites and see how unmetered it is

Probably the whole reason they market on Ebay is that they know they can't lie to experienced webmasters...and grab the unknowing newbs on Ebay...:eek:

Sem-Advance, Aug 14, 2007 IP
  10. lpstong

lpstong Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Fine. But the point is I have hosted over 75 - 100 domains and web sites on it and still could put more on it. But like any other server if the site had overwhelming traffic I would have to move up to a dedicated or VPS. I had to do this twice for a private game server and a myspace website.

lpstong, Aug 14, 2007 IP
  11. Taylor Hewitt

Taylor Hewitt Peon

Best Answers:
    Domains really have nothing to do with space or bandwidth. One site on one domain could take up more space than 500000 domains.

12. lpstong

lpstong Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Yes I know this. I have about 5 domains with nothing on it. The rest have sites built on them. I do realise the difference.

It would be pointless to park 50000 domains on a server with nothing on them and than pay $9

Anyways. My point being is you should find your own server if you can and you would have more control of your own hosting of your domains and websites.

There are a few companies that provide servers at low cost that you may put multiple domains and your websites on. More control for you and cheaper for you as well. Thats my point and suggestion for you. And you could sell the extra space at a minimal cost to others.

And in the mean time, like you said. Keep doing your partial backups when your sucky hosting company decides to stop hiding mometarily. I am sure it is quite stressfull.

lpstong, Aug 14, 2007 IP
  13. Taylor Hewitt

Taylor Hewitt Peon

Best Answers:
    Yeah he's back. Apparently a relative was in the hospital.

It's getting sorted out. Not his fault in the least bit. It's his hosts fault.

14. NetHoster

NetHoster Guest

Best Answers:
    You may want to switch to a reputable host. Intermedia's service has been excellent. We've had no network downtime. Tech support is very knowledgeable about finding and resolving any issue we may have had (which was very minimal, and largely due to handling the nuances associated with establishing a new service). Their pricing structure is very good, a lot of value for the money, comparatively speaking. They do whatever is necessary to ensure that things run smoothly.

NetHoster, Aug 14, 2007 IP
  15. Taylor Hewitt

Taylor Hewitt Peon

Best Answers:
    I'm considering NameCheap's new host but I just can't conjure up enough money. I've got $3 in my paypal so until I start getting paycheques for my new job (not next monday but the next) I'm broke hehe.

16. lpstong

lpstong Notable Member

Best Answers:

Sell a few of your sig links for money here at DP. That might boost some of your finances in your paypal account. You could bring in about $7 or $8 per link/per month. You have 3 open sig links atm.

But if you would like to stay with your host now because of his circumstances that is understandable.

lpstong, Aug 14, 2007 IP
  17. Ratman2050

Ratman2050 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I can tell your pissed but take care from launching death threats, especially on a publicly large forum like this.

Ratman2050, Aug 14, 2007 IP
  18. Taylor Hewitt

Taylor Hewitt Peon

Best Answers:
    Ratman you need to consider the possibility that I wasn't being serious. I'm not killing anybody today.

19. paidhosting

paidhosting Peon

Best Answers:
    Ahh, how sweet :p

paidhosting, Aug 14, 2007 IP
  20. Taylor Hewitt

Taylor Hewitt Peon

Best Answers:
    Except you.