1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Im developin a Visual Jquery WYSIWYG, do you think eople will be interested?

Discussion in 'HTML & Website Design' started by yenerich, Aug 8, 2015.

Hi,

I am developing a tool that could add some very nice jquery effects to your site with no coding at all.
    It could add many animations, some very impressive.

Do you think that people will be interested in such product?

yenerich, Aug 8, 2015 IP
  2. deathshadow

deathshadow Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    There are likely plenty of mouth-breathing halfwits who would jump on that like a starving man on a half-eaten burger, in the total delusion that things like WYSIWYGS can actually build useful websites or that fat bloated idiotic nonsense like jQuery serves a legitimate purpose other than pissing all over websites with things that would either be less code without the library (NOT counting said library in the size), is CSS' job, or "gee ain't it neat' garbage that has no damned business on a website in the first place.

The fat bloated laundry lists of how not to build a website that would result from such a tool? Would fit right in with today's attitude of sleaze out something filled with no content and space wasting animation, who cares if it's useful to visitors to the site.

Sorry if that sounds harsh, but your title ALONE mates one of the worst practices in design (WYSIWYGS) with one of the worst practices in coding (the steaming pile known as jQuery).

It would most certainly be very popular, and that's the problem as the sites made with such a tool would universally be ineptly built rubbish and a complete waste of bandwidth. Sadlly that describes 90%+ of the sites people are sleazing out today and have the giant set of brass to call "design".

Most such "design" reeking so badly of "WCAG, what's that?" much less so little knowledge of HTML and CSS that the people behind them have NO business making websties in the first blasted place. Tools like what you describe being nothing more than a way to scam and delude people into thinking they can make a website when they quite obviously shouldn't be doing so.

Just look at the site in your signature on which I assume this project would be hosted for proof of that. Static style in the markup, fixed width layout too big for even my 1920x1080 lappy, nothing remotely resembling semantics or graceful degradation -- in other words a train wreck that's useless to site visitors. ENTIRELY what I'd expect from the crowd that has been deluded into thinking something like a WYSIWYG is a legitimate tool -- when all it really does is make them the tools.

Now, I might be wrong on that and you might surprise the devil out of me -- but some 38 years of programming and 16 years of dealing with websites is telling me otherwise.

But sure, I can see it being popular; never underestimate the stupidity of most people who claim to "want" a website, but want it handed to them on a silver platter without them lifting a finger or putting into it the effort to do so successfully or the knowledge to make the result useful to anything more than the perfect magical combination of exact same display size and user agent settings as the person who designed the site.

Last edited: Aug 8, 2015
    deathshadow, Aug 8, 2015 IP