1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

I'm curious to know how much money can an individual earn with a normal website?

Discussion in 'WordPress' started by Abu Waqar Arif, Dec 12, 2017.

Hello there,
    I do lots of things online both for fun and for earning. My main source of income are from fiction ebooks that I self-published through ebooks. But usually try different methods to make money like Wordpress web designing though I'm just a beginner, graphic designing, ghostwriting etc.

I'm curious to know how much money i can make with basic websites with normal traffic, to be more specific, I need to know how should I monetize my website, affliate links, ads, or promote my own services?
    So can you please give me some info how do you monetize your website? How much do you earn with ads, affliates, and your own services?

Thanks in advance,
    A.W.Arif

Abu Waqar Arif, Dec 12, 2017 IP
  2. themes4all

themes4all Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Hello there,

We are not really allowed to say how much we earn :) or with another word, nobody will tell you how much he/she earn online :)

As you know already what you want, start by creating the website, attract people, make it popular, then after 2-3 months, check your stats... if you see that you have a good traffic, so add some ads on good places on your website pages, wait 1 month and see if it's start bringing money.. always on the stats.

Just one thing that you have to keep in mind : MAKE A WEBSITE WITH GOOD CONTENT ON A FIELD THAT YOU LIKE, your website visitors will like it, share it and then they will bring you money..

Goodluck

themes4all, Jan 8, 2018 IP
  3. Abu Waqar Arif

Abu Waqar Arif Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Articles:
    Thanks for your kind suggestions

Abu Waqar Arif, Jan 8, 2018 IP
  4. dimitarang

dimitarang Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    It depends so much from the quality and quantity of traffic. If you go with adsense, earnings won't be big. If you do affiliate marketing, earnings may be bigger. The best thing in my opinion is to create and offer your own product like I did. I have many products, some selling well, some not selling at all but they are not selling because I am kind of an autopilot guy, I want it all automatic sometimes with them sales. For example I created a great product - https://surebetking.com/ but very few sales and I am even selling the business now because I couldn't develope it. I hope someone else will purchase and develope it.

dimitarang, Jan 8, 2018 IP
  5. kellyrose

kellyrose Active Member

Best Answers:
    Don't think ever that you get money just knowing WordPress.

Know how to deal with your clients.
    Spend hours of efforts to satisfy them.
    Give better after sales support.
    Keep constant support.
    Learn and update everytime.
    Register your firm.
    Deal with lot of s--t.

Then you will experience the life in it.

All the best my friend.

kellyrose, Feb 14, 2018 IP
  6. Highest And Best

Highest And Best Peon

Best Answers:
    I Don't Want to Burst Your Bubble, BUT...

Hi Abu...
    I am going to be direct and upfront here, but I'd first like to state that the intention of my reply is to help you move forward in a productive way.

Your question is so out there, that is is impossible to provide an answer that can actually be of any value to you. With that said, I do understand your context and where you are coming from, and so I will provide advice that can go a long way. And just for the record, you CAN make significant money online with a website, although most people do not. Just know that trying things that people suggest are meaningless until you have clarity.

Your question about how much money you can make with basic websites with normal traffic is like asking asking business owners in a business forum how much money you can make with a basic business with a normal flow of customers. There is no such thing as normal, at least not in this context. The success of any business, online or off, depends on a wide array of factors including niche, design, layout, ease of use, products and services, trust building, social interaction, value, competition, the name of your business, the name of your website, your domain name, demand, longevity of the products as well as the niche, and... well those are to name but a few variables. Even your product type matters... for instance, if you niche is toys, are you selling/promoting products with a solid following (like Lego) or are you selling a fad (like spinners)? If you are selling tangible products, what value are you adding to keep you customers/visitors engaged and coming back? And the most important variable is you... yes, YOU! How well do you know your products or services? How much time are you willing to invest? (notice I said invest, and not spend)... How committed are you? What are your skills? How badly do you want success with your website? Are you willing to do anything it takes, or are you looking for a shortcut/easy way out?

So you see Abu, there is more to the story.

Now, you did ask more specific questions too (that's good). How to monetize your website depends completely on many of the variables mentioned above. People buy based on differing motivation, and that can be based on the product and/or the niche, as well as the time of year (think that last minute gift). What kind of niche are you in? Is it necessary? Is it purely entertainment? Is it unexpected needs? (etc.) Different demographics behave differently and spend differently. What's the age range of your prospects? Are they under age? Are they seniors? Male? Female? Affluent? College educated? You get the idea.

NONE OF THIS IS MEANT TO SCARE YOU! On the contrary, this little "wake up call" can go a very long way towards your success. Truth is, you and I can start individual website businesses, launch on the same day, in the same niche, and our results can vary greatly (in either direction). Any business, online or off, is going to take time and effort to make successful. Yes, I understand the lure of online riches (I admittedly seek the same), but there is nonetheless a learning curve, you must be willing to take the time to learn and figure it out.

My Suggestions
    I suggest that you choose your niche based on what you love to do... even if you are not (yet) an expert in the subject yet. It will be a heck of a lot easier to pursue this business through all the ups, downs, and learning if you actually like what you are selling. Additionally, if a prospect/customer/follower ask you a question, you will be able to answer it with authority and passion... and if you don't know the answer, you will eagerly go about finding it so you will be learning as you help your audience.

If it is an automated (or semi-automated) business that you seek, then keep that in mind as you choose your niche and your products, so you can design with your objective in mind.

Once you figure out what you want to do, can can then come back on here to ask targeted questions that pertain to a task, function, or issue that is currently on hand. You will then receive answers that will help you surge forward because you are asking specific questions from a place of desire and exact need.

And one you understand the overall process, you will be able to replicate it with another niche. Do what you love and success will follow!

Does this help?

-Scott

Last edited: Mar 13, 2018
    Highest And Best, Mar 13, 2018 IP