1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

I'm confused

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by David Travelmag, Sep 19, 2013.

What tool do you use to establish search volume? It seems impossible to get anywhere near an accurate estimate. Example:

if you take the term "travel to europe" according to the google keywords tool there are 2400 searches globally per month currently (first point - I think this is impossibly low)

but according to a Moz tool there were 53,000 global searches on Bing alone

and according to an overseas agency we used the google keywords tool shows 673000 global searches for that term

So how can you plan without knowing the search volume?

David Travelmag, Sep 19, 2013 IP
  2. SoftwareExperts

SoftwareExperts Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    You can use Keyword Planner to search the Global Searches of your keywords to find some reliable searches.

SoftwareExperts, Sep 20, 2013 IP
  3. NureA

NureA Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I use bing, you should stick to it, it is great

NureA, Sep 21, 2013 IP
  4. Cone Man

Cone Man Active Member

Best Answers:
    I found the Google Keywords tool, whilst not always accurate, would usually give a good estimate on the amount of traffic a keyword receives, and if it's worth pursuing or not...

Cone Man, Sep 22, 2013 IP
  5. jamesbrands

jamesbrands Active Member

Best Answers:
    Think you kind of answered the question yourself, if something doesn't look quite right, check it with as many other keyword tools as possible to try and get a more accurate number.

Best you can do.

jamesbrands, Sep 22, 2013 IP
  6. Kanonig

Kanonig Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    You are probably using the Broad Term and not Exact.

If you also choose a particular country against worldwide your result will always be different.

Kanonig, Sep 22, 2013 IP
  7. Marketing King

Marketing King Peon

Best Answers:
    Well first of all, global monthly searches refers to searches from all countries in all languages, you also need to ensure ''exact match'' is selected. The keyword tool is actually quite confusing to get data from, thankfully, the new keyword planner which has replaced it will give you much more accurate data and you don't need to worry about local or global.

Marketing King, Sep 24, 2013 IP
  8. ninjamtlt1

ninjamtlt1 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Stop worrying so much about search volume. You'll still get traffic from terms closely related to your terms, so either way you're gonna get plenty of longtail traffic. Think "big picture" not just strictly the kewyords you choose.

ninjamtlt1, Sep 24, 2013 IP
  9. Kianu42

Kianu42 Member

Best Answers:
    I use Rank Tracker to check rankings http://www.seopowersuite.com/rank-tracker/, and sometimes I research keywords with it.
    It takes data from the new Keyword Planner and so far the stats have been accurate, at least on the occasions when I double-checked. But you gotta make sure the settings are the same as your settings in Keyword Planner.

Kianu42, Sep 30, 2013 IP