1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

I'm clueless, tell me what I need to study in order to achieve what I want and how it is called

Discussion in 'HTML & Website Design' started by dreadlord88, Nov 26, 2018.

So here is what I want to learn:

1. Create a good looking website/funnel for any business no matter the budget or the elements(graphics,copy,photos,content etc) I can afford. Choosing and position elements perfectly is what I’m more interested at. I’m not so interested at creating the graphics or copy myself but I want to know what they should look like in order to guide the ones who will make them.

2. Being able to reverse engineer complex designs of sites or funnels. At the very least I want to be able to steal ideas and use them for my own sites/funnels without getting overwhelmed by the complexity of them.

3. Change the UI/graphics of a plugin or app in order to fit perfectly with my site or whatever I want to do. I’m not so interested in programming apps myself but I want to be able to customize their appearance.

4. I want to be able to turn a website that I designed on paper into code with CSS and then throw it into wordpress or a theme(dunno if it’s possible). I’m very interested on this skill and I have read that it’s possible. I don’t like theme customizers or drag & drop apps, I rather create the site with code from start to end without any limitation.
    My end goal is to be able to create a great website for any type of business even if I can only use the most basic elements like photos from shutterstock and very simple copywriting. Appearance and easiness to use is my focus.

So, What do you suggest me to study to do all of this? and how is it called the profession that I describe? UX designer, UI designer, Web designer, Graphic Designer or Frontend developer?

Last edited: Nov 26, 2018
    dreadlord88, Nov 26, 2018 IP
  2. mmerlinn

mmerlinn Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Based on your query, it seems to me that the best place for you to start is at >>> http://www.cutcodedown.com/

Going that route gives you TOTAL control and is easier than learning all of the quirks and bugs of Turdpress, Bootcrap, jQueery, et alia.

mmerlinn, Nov 26, 2018 IP
  3. JoeSpirit

JoeSpirit Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    You also might check Udemy to see if they have some courses that interest you.

JoeSpirit, Nov 27, 2018 IP
  4. MT Fresco

MT Fresco Member

Best Answers:
    If you wanna learn core coding you need minimum 6 dedicated months. (Html, css, jquery etc). For quick you can learn wordpress in a week.

MT Fresco, Dec 2, 2018 IP
  5. mmerlinn

Best Answers:
    Horse pucky. You might be able to slop out a bloated slow insecure piece of manure in a week with Turdpress, but you will NEVER learn Turdpress in a week. It is not even possible to learn it in YEARS as proven by so-called Turdpress developers that have been choking the web with shellacked manure for ages.

mmerlinn, Dec 3, 2018 IP
  6. MT Fresco

MT Fresco Member

Best Answers:
    I am just talking about wordpress theme installation and setup of theme.

MT Fresco, Dec 3, 2018 IP
  7. mmerlinn

Best Answers:
    You said "wordpress" not "wordpress theme" so now you admit that you lied in your first post meaning that even according to you it is IMPOSSIBLE to learn wordpress in 6 months.

mmerlinn, Dec 3, 2018 IP
  8. MT Fresco

MT Fresco Member

Best Answers:
    I am not giving a training session here, so there is nothing like truth and lie.

By the way if you can't learn wordpress in 6 months then what can I do????

MT Fresco, Dec 3, 2018 IP
  9. NetStar

NetStar Notable Member

Best Answers:
    That didn't answer his question. Posting a link to deathshadows site is not the best place to start. It does not offer tutorials or answer any of his questions.

In fact, if you READ his post he states he's looking to 1) create a good looking web site 2) be able to reverse engineer UI environments WITHOUT getting too complex and 3) Change/edit plugins without programming.

Knowing that... WordPress or learning Bootstrap is perfect for him.

NetStar, Jan 27, 2019 IP