1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

I'm being sued after a purchase for this forum - Help!

Discussion in 'Legal Issues' started by colin008, Feb 6, 2009.

1. browntwn

browntwn Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    Yes it is legal.

Different attorneys and plaintiffs have different notions of how best to achieve the result they want. Some will try to work with you first, some will see no value in that effort and just file suit. There can be valid reasons for pursuing each option and it really depends on the particular facts.

browntwn, Feb 12, 2009 IP
    lightless likes this.
  2. lightless

lightless Notable Member

Best Answers:
    People should stop asking for, and expecting [much] professional advice in places where [many] people aren't qualified to give professional advice.

lightless, Feb 12, 2009 IP
  3. greatthings2009

greatthings2009 Peon

Best Answers:
    This really seems extreme. The did not notify you first or ask you to remove the pictures? I would go ahead and remove the images right away and tell them that you have done this. If you no longer have the images up I think they are just harassing you.

Better to be safe than sorry, contact an Attorney. Good luck!

greatthings2009, Feb 12, 2009 IP
  4. hostlonestar

hostlonestar Peon

Best Answers:
    Sometimes even Microsoft will send a Cease and Desist letter before filing suit. As was stated, it depends on the plaintiffs and lawyers. Its cheaper to go the C&D route than strait into filing suit, and you can also show a judge that you tried to just get them to take the images down.

hostlonestar, Feb 13, 2009 IP